2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
Melbourne player kicked a long ball inside 50 just five minutes ago, and it landed in the goalsquare and bounced through. Ivan Maric and another Richmond player failed to touch it, and the goal umpire thought it was a goal but the boundary umpire came in to check it with the video review. It showed it was clearly a goal but it was called touched. A disgrace. Eddie blew up, and rightly so. Of course, the AFL won't ever listen to the players, commentators or fans. It's all about what they want.

Richmond are 6.14?! They've been watching Collingwood and Essendon too much.

Watching the Kangaroos vs West Coast game on delay and the 'Roos have just kicked the last five goals in a row. What the hell is happening?

You know, we all spent so much time ragging on Freo's song when honestly West Coast probably has the worse song of the WA teams.

And wow, that final quarter was bloody exciting. For the second time this season, North Melbourne has managed to blow a >30 point lead to lose by two points in a dramatic comeback. It wasn't quite as swift as Port's sudden demolition, but still damning.

Looks like Richmond might've obliterated Melbourne had they kicked straight - 13.23 is just dreadful.

Hope the Dons get up tonight! Going out for a gig but hoping it'll be on telly at the NSC. If we win by enough, we could even go top of the table.

Just got back from the Richmond vs MCC match.. Awful match. Only won because the Deez are incompetent

Travis and Vlad can be seen outside the MCG queuing for Grand Final tickets. Meanwhile Ax and Myself are heading to bunnings for some 2 meter rope.

What the hell are we doing. A comfortable win? A 58 point win in a Showdown without both Tippett and Walker? Great win.

Didn't he do the Swans game? You should be safe Vladdy.

Oh thank god. We got Campbell in the end, not great, but better.

Travis and Vlad can be seen outside the MCG queuing for Grand Final tickets. Meanwhile Ax and Myself are heading to bunnings for some 2 meter rope.

:laugh:

Well, we gained absolutely no ground whatsoever this round. :sigh: Guess we've got to earn it outright.

Has there ever been a sorrier top 8? If there's any year we crack it the way we're playing, it's this year.

Very strong chance that percentage could be the decisive factor in deciding the final 8. Geelong, Carlton, St. Kilda, Richmond, North Melbourne, Brisbane and Freo could all get sucked into this struggle.

I'm six for six so far... *knock on wood*... If the Suns get up over Geelong (which I admit is unlikely), I am going to keep using this coin for the rest of the season.

Melbourne player kicked a long ball inside 50 just five minutes ago, and it landed in the goalsquare and bounced through. Ivan Maric and another Richmond player failed to touch it, and the goal umpire thought it was a goal but the boundary umpire came in to check it with the video review. It showed it was clearly a goal but it was called touched. A disgrace. Eddie blew up, and rightly so. Of course, the AFL won't ever listen to the players, commentators or fans. It's all about what they want.

I heard that on the radio... sounds like a real cock-up. What does the AFL care about whether Melbourne got the goal or not? /naive

Clearly I need to head back out of the country. Essendon wins when I'm overseas!

Starting to suspect not. At this rate, Hawthorn might win by over 150.

Gold Coast's been leading Geelong early. :laugh:

Both teams very sloppy. Imagine Geelong can rectify that though, while this is probably not far off Gold Coast's best.

Carn Suns! If they hadn't blown a couple of perfect opportunities through inexperience and inefficiency, they could have another couple of goals too. Geelong's defence is garbage so far.

Imagine all will change next quarter though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom