2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thooty foughts:

- Love my team and super happy with the win last night - definitely not what I was expecting. Still having trouble putting away sides, but it was probably the Eagles' best defensive game of the season, and given Collingwood aren't usually intimidated by Subi (our last win against them there was 2007) it's great to have a good win going into the game against the Hawks, who
- are amazing, and the Swans/Hawks match could well be a GF preview. Having said that, I don't want to say anything about who I think will take the flag until that Saturday - the season has just been too unpredictable, and even if the Hawks and Sydney are a little above the other sides in the competition right now, that's no gaurantee either of them will be premiers. I feel that just about everyone has put the favourites tag on nearly all the sides in the top, what eleven throughout the season, and even as it's winding down, I can't see one team being straight out head and shoulders above the others. We're in for a magnificent finals series, you guys.
- The tags are right. Carlton truly are indefensibly pathetic and soft. That should never happen. Not to a team with their season on the line, one that could and should make the finals and could have easily bothered higher ranking sides. The worst thing is, Gold Coast were never really in doubt. It was their most comprehensive victory yet. I don't understand how Carlton can play with such magnificent fervour in some games and be absolutely gutless in others within the same season.
- Mighty impressed by Freo. I am now a bit worried by the likelihood of a Derby final.

Just leaving the North V Freo game with three North supporters. Fair dinkum unbelievable! Freo looked much like St.Kilda of '09 but much more attacking.

McPhee is a prick, but way to go Freo.

A lazy 25 disposals and 4 goals for Walker tonight. :up:

He's kicked bags of 4 in all of the past 4 matches. Dat consistency.

I hate you all.

I hate my team (everyone on it should sacked and thrown into a river, via sack).

I hate this sport.

emot-emo.gif

Thanks for specifying that they should be thrown into the river via sack, I naturally would have gone for barrel instead.

Seriously though, I'm sure they'll do better next year. Maybe. At the very least, let's hope they give a solid effort against the Saints.

They'll be downgraded from sack to millstone if they mail it in against the Saints.

And hell, yeah, I'll watch it. Not that I've had any luck with streams...sportlemon wasn't even carrying Eagles/Pies.

Wow, really? I've seen them miss a couple of Eagles games but I'm still surprised by that. I feel blessed that, thanks to the fact that the Eagles play on Friday night this week, I'll get to see the last two Eagles games on FTA here. Pretty good since it took about fifteen rounds to see the first one.

No Carlton, no Collingwood. I blame the poor reception in the netherworld anywhere that isn't Victoria.

I feel like a heel for having no faith in West Coast, but in spite of the lost tip, I'm OK with it. Hawthorn/West Coast as the GF would please me.

Time for an awesome new finals time thread, and I'm not the person to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom