2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My ladder predictor says Adelaide, Sydney, Collingwood, Hawthorn, West Coast, Geelong, North Melbourne, Fremantle.

But there's some hard matches to tip in the coming weeks, and it's impossible to tip those qualifying finals.

It will be an interesting race to 8th between the Bombers and Dockers. Essendon has the advantage for the moment because of their superior percentage, but Freo closes out the season against GWS, so there you go. In addition, Essendon has three toss-ups coming up in their next three and Freo has two. I tend to agree with the ladder predictor on this one.

cobl04 said:
Joel Selwood got charged by the MRP for his push on his brother :doh: he can accept a reprimand.

Talk about precious, fuck me.

The honorable Mrs. Selwood wishes to make no further comment on her decision.

Adelaide is soft. I have no faith in them to survive the finals. If they end up at the top of the ladder, they will have a huge advantage, but Geelong has already beaten them in Adelaide, decisively.

Bagging on Sydney is laughable at this point. That was a tough loss to the Pies, but they've beaten all of the other Victorian sides by now. What more do they need to do? Move their headquarters to Melbourne?

Adelaide is soft. I have no faith in them to survive the finals. If they end up at the top of the ladder, they will have a huge advantage, but Geelong has already beaten them in Adelaide, decisively.

I'm not sure if this post was serious or not.

If you were - we beat Geelong by 50 points at home. And we can't be soft if we're the #1 contested football side in the competition.

Sorry, I meant Collingwood.

Yes, you can very easily be soft if you don't travel well. It's all well and good if you end up at the top of the ladder, but on a neutral ground, I wouldn't tip the Crows over the Hawks, Pies or Swans. Maybe the Cats. If you would, why? Just some facts:

ROAD MATCHES VS. POTENTIAL TOP 8 SIDES

Hawthorn - L
Sydney - W
Freo - W
North Melbourne - L
Geelong - L

Collingwood is 2-0 and Sydney is 3-1, just to name a couple who have performed better.

We've won all but one match at home. That's a pretty good record. Nobody has beaten Sydney at the SCG (their real home) bar us.

If you doubters were all so great you'd have put $100 at the start of the year on us to make the top 4 but you didn't and now everyone's complaining like babies. If we are so bad why are people whining about us shouldn't we be too easy to beat?

Athletics is an extremely fickle thing, and I've noticed AFL is even worse than most American sports. You can go from premiership favorite to "no chance at the 8!!!111111" in one round. And, I've got to say, the Crows haven't had any good scalps in a while. Whipping the Eagles at home looks nice, but we all know they've been struggling.

For me, the road win over Freo was impressive, and of course the victory over Geelong. It's been months though, and people forget. Hawthorn got hot at the right time, so now everyone is on the hype train. Collingwood is fresh off of beating Sydney on the road. It's not that Adelaide is "bad," they just haven't had too many blockbusters lately and lost their last one.

It is. I'm happy for them; they haven't looked right since the Lions edged them out in what must have felt like a grand final for their fans.

It is. I'm happy for them; they haven't looked right since the Lions edged them out in what must have felt like a grand final for their fans.

Although it would be easier to say that our problems started with the Sydney lost a few weeks ago, you're onto something with this. The morale loss came here, the injuries took their toll later. I'd be very surprised now if the Eagles get anywhere in the finals.

Hard to understand why some people still doubt the Adelaide Crows. They've had some ripper wins where they gallantly came from behind or just simply outclassed the opposition. They have the steel to win the close ones (unlike Richmond!)

The fact that Sloane, Wright and Dangerfield have all become significantly better than they were last year has been key, and that talent isn't just going to go away. Their form against the top Victorian sides in Melbourne is still cause for concern, but otherwise they are as a good a chance for a premiership as Collingwood, Sydney and West Coast are this season.

I'm extremely surprised anyone who doesn't support the Crows actually knows of Matt Wright. Very underrated. Does everything well.

LemonMelon said:
Sorry, I meant Collingwood.

Collingwood soft? I'm so confused. We suck against your Blues and the Hawks, I think next week against West Coast will get an idea of A. Where we finish and B. Where our season is at. Eagles would have beaten us if it wasn't for a iffy umpire call earlier in the year.

I think once the Hawks enter September, nothing stops that train.

Oh right. Confuzzled and desperately need sleep me thinks.

Does the fact that the commentators are running with L.R.T for Lewis Roberts Thompson bother anyone? Wouldn't it be great of Che Cockatoo-Collins was still playing? :happy:

Wow, OK, tips went better than "good" this week. I tipped 9 and took the lead :hyper:

This week is pretty challenging though. Going with a homer tip of Carlton over Essendon, and tipping the Demons on the road seems absurd but there it is.

Much like our team, Charlotte and I are going from top of the tipping competition to slipping down the ladder very fast.

CURSE YOU ESSENDON.

Oh my god!

I was kind of hoping for a Homer's Web Page sort of thing though, with a dancing Jesus in a Magpies uniform.

This is on one of the pages.

carltonfan.jpg

Wow, there are Prime Ministers with shorter Wikipedia pages than Joffa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom