2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fox fotoy pls y u do dis

054856-travis-cloke-slide.jpg

As long as Hawthorn don't win the flag I'll be happy man. They're a great team but I just can't stand half the side. Hodge is about the only player of their "stars" I like.

Adelaide should finish top unless something crazy happens. Would be awesome if the Pies finish fourth hey Vlad? :wink:

Can we have AFL in the Olympics? It would be so much more exciting than most of the dull team sports that are there (though handball, this is not aimed at you).

Who cares that nobody else really plays it apart from Nauru. MAKE THEM PLAY IT.

Mike Pyke can represent the Canadian team on his own, much to BT's delight.

Trent Croad can come out of retirement to captain New Zealand to OLYMPIC GOOOOLLLDDDD.

Ahmed Saad to captain Egypt. :up:
Nicnat, Carlile and Rodan for Fiji.
Kerr and CLANCEE Pearce can play for India.
Tuohy and Marty Clarke for Ireland.
Houli and Nahas for Lebanon.

etc etc :wink:

As for NZ, you can get Renouf, Paul Bower, Greg Broughton, Aaron Edwards and Shane Savage too. Dustin Martin has a Maori father.

Clearly, Bonnie will suddenly discover Fijian ancestry and barrack for them.

Also, I presume we'll see a Belarussian team captained by Vlad K.?

I'll personally punch you if you beat New Zealand for the gold.

The closest my country has to an AFL player is Jezza, Jason Porplyzia and Jared Petrenko they're either Russian/Ukrainian roots/Half Ukrainian respectively.

The closest my country has to an AFL player is Jezza, Jason Porplyzia and Jared Petrenko they're either Russian/Ukrainian roots/Half Ukrainian respectively.

So this means that Demetriou will next expand the AFL to include the Minsk Vodka! I mean, it's not like there are any more AFL players coming out of western Sydney.

I'm going to the game next weekend, so I'll try to make this happen. Anyway, I'll probably be so nervous meeting him I'll do it anyway. :eek: (seriously that must be the dumbest smilie)

I partially agree. Although the crows will finish top given the easy three weeks they have ahead of them. They had to get themselves into this position in the first place.

As for the Swans if they beat the hawks in round 22 then I think they deserve to be there.

Blues won decisively, tips went well, good round yeah.

Bombers started us on our tailspin. We're not in position to bury their season, but a solid victory with the return of Judd would make me feel a little better, even though we're toast. :wink:

North play Collingwood this week. They the last time they beat us I reckon was probably 2008 or something. Freo aren't that easy as they will be playing for a spot in the eight. Crows have Brisbane/Melbourne/Gold Coast. Yeah....nobody above about 16,654th on the ladder.

In regards to what Mick was saying, it doesn't really matter where anyone finishes in the home and away season anyway. Once the finals start its a whole new ball game.

In regards to what Mick was saying, it doesn't really matter where anyone finishes in the home and away season anyway. Once the finals start its a whole new ball game.

I'm pretty sure every team that's finished fifth to eighth (possibly excluding Adelaide) would disagree with you on that one!

My ladder predictor says Adelaide, Sydney, Collingwood, Hawthorn, West Coast, Geelong, North Melbourne, Fremantle.

But there's some hard matches to tip in the coming weeks, and it's impossible to tip those qualifying finals.

North play Collingwood this week. They the last time they beat us I reckon was probably 2008 or something. Freo aren't that easy as they will be playing for a spot in the eight. Crows have Brisbane/Melbourne/Gold Coast. Yeah....nobody above about 16,654th on the ladder.

A bit of proof that we're deserving of our top 4 position, the easiest part of our draw has only just begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom