2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate how close this game is. Come ON Bombers. Lovely goal by Davey just then!

Bloody hell Essendon, how many more opportunities do you want to score a goal!

(Wish that huge kick by Fletch had gone through ...)

Come on North Melbourne, smash them outta the eight. Even Lovett-Murray sounds like he is having a good game.

Solid win to Richmond. Cotchin is now comparable to Ablett, Swan and Pendelbury. Gotta somehow get a win over Fremantle out west next week. And the umpires have a new love child, with Zephaniah Skinner kicking a few goals courtesy of him diving/not being good enough in going for contested marks

Probably the only good thing about North being in the 8 is that their uncontested game plan will be torn to shreds in finals conditions.

Idiot Essendon. The game is theirs for the taking and they're screwing it up badly. Idiots.

I hate this game. How can we possibly be over-run by North Melbourne? Uuuggghhhh.

This is not good for my blood pressure. Perhaps I'll go and watch the Olympics.

This is a great game. If North holds on it will go down as one of the great wins given they're down two rotations and they haven't got a goal from Petrie.

What the fuck umpires! Jetta gets pushed when going for goal and doesn't get a free? GODDAMN.

There goes the game for sure.

> getting within 4 points of a top 4 team at AAMI Stadium
> losing to North at home

Essendon logic. :faint:

Umpires getting in on the act for North now. HTB to Jetta not paid, now 50.

That was disgusting.

And North Melbourne don't deserve to win - it's not as if they have any fans!

Basically a gutless performance by Essendon. North have 3 players out of the game and still Essendon continue to spud it up. I don't really rate North as much as others do, they'll get found out in the finals when they don't get to play at Etihad.

They've played pretty well! Collier did really well a minute ago and then turned it over with a shithouse kick.

Fucking great win by North. The players are fucked.

Oh I don't mean anything about how the team themselves played today. It's just that they really don't exist in the first place - no fans, shithouse club, Wayne Carey banging his mate's missus, etc.

Better win next week dons. Can't have the Blues in the finals.

Robbie Tarrant take a bow, you were booed last week. North are reminding me of the Pies in '07

Showed more spirit and heart today than Essendon at least. :shrug:

I tipped Essendon on the basis that they were back to playing with heart even with an ample injury list but I was proven wrong. I'm tired of the lovefest over North now, they lost to Port for god's sakes!

Phew, Essendon stays in the eight on percentage! And WHAT, North is now ahead of Geelong?!

The fuck people.

Oh god, I think Essendon's finals hopes are fucked. We simply need to win more games than Freo - problem is, we have Carlton/Richmond/Collingwood while they have Richmond/North/Melbourne. So even if we can scrape wines against the Blues and Tiges, Freo should score a huge percentage boost from Melbourne, and possibly Richmond since that game's in Perth.

Geelong had a chance to beat West Coast but they didn't so this is why we have to see this. Collingwood will have their number next week, Geelong will beat the Saints and Essendon might beat Carlton and the ladder will look better again.

Don't see what is so shocking about North Melbourne being a decent side. A lot of balance all over the field, as well as a well-drilled midfield who are well organised. They are like an in-form Carlton at the moment and were underachieving in the first half of the season (as were Fremantle).

Essendon can be explosive, but they often make some horrendous decisions and fumble a lot. Fix that up (weed out hacks like Lovett-Murray will help)) and stay at full fitness, and they could challenge for top four

It just proves how tough an AFL season is, and how fucking great Geelong has been.

This season in particular. So many times has a team been declared as down and out (Geelong being 'finished', North losing to Port, Fremantle not doing much and on a lesser scale Collingwood at the start of the year) only to bounce back.

We've been pretty steady though I'm happy with that. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom