2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DAMNIT BONNIE THE ONE NIGHT I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO WIN OH MY TIIIIPS

And yeah, why the booing?

WHAT AN ENDING THOUGH

Honestly, that has to be the worst umpiring I've seen in a long time. Absolutely terrible. You know it's bad when even the commentators can't shut up about it in a close one.

Still, super happy with how it ended. So glad my tip is wrong. Hopefully there's life left in the team yet this season.

Honestl though, talking about these out of bounds calls, there was one time when West Coast was SO OBV TOTES out of bounds and the umps didn't clal it and it led to a goal what a shit call SERIOUSLY

so reallty epeople

Troy+Pannell+AFL+Rd+7+St+Kilda+v+Carlton+H6eCpSbhYZSl.jpg

.. And West Coast come back into the equation after a shaky third of a season. That battle for the top 4 is super exciting! I can't see West Coast scraping in because I can't see them coming close to Hawthorn in the final round. We'll see.

Adelaide vs Fremantle and South vs Collingwood are the choice games today.

State of Origin back on the agenda again... kinda

Victoria's 10 AFL clubs will be split geographically and aligned with interstate rivals to form footy's All-Star representative concept.

The player-driven plan would see five teams in Melbourne's east - Hawthorn, Richmond, Collingwood, Melbourne Demons and St Kilda - join forces with eastern seaboard clubs Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast Suns, Sydney Swans and Greater Western Sydney.

The western conference side would be made up of stars from Essendon, Geelong, Carlton, North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and the four sides from Western Australia and South Australia - West Coast, Fremantle, Adelaide and Port Adelaide.

AFL planning East v West All Star game | AFL | Fox Sports

Fans would be asked to select teams.

I just want Vic v All Stars to be honest.

The awkward moment when nobody will pick anyone from Port Adelaide for the team.

Odd concept. Although I do like the East Melbourne v West Melbourne idea.

Just have a carnival like they did in 93. That was perfect and the only one I'd be satisfied.

The Victoria vs "all stars" match a few years ago was a non-event

It's definitely an odd idea, though I think I like it more than Vic vs All-Stars. Much as I want to barrack for Victoria, beating "All-Stars" is meaningless, and why would anybody from elsewhere support it? You'd want to barrack for SA, WA, wherever, not for some generic team.

I'm with inte really. State representative teams or nothing. Why not have a "World Cup" carnival between the states every four years as some huge event? Then we don't need to make space for it every year. If other major football codes can squeeze a huge World Cup in every four years, so can we.

I'd prefer the old format as well for the record, but it doesn't look like happening. I'm all for a Vic/All Stars or East/West contest though because I just want those games back. That game in 08 was technically a non-event, sure, but it was great to watch and got a huge crowd and ratings.

intedomine said:
Loved what West Coast were wearing last night. Bring it back for good and for all matches!

:up:

God, I love that guernsey and I love our old logo. That's the West Coast I fell in love with. So much better than some of the crap we've been stuck with since 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom