2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Boak's likely to sign with the Cats now that Primus is gone?

And hmm, with Swan out, maybe that'll be enough to convince me that tipping Sydney against Collingwood might work out. Haven't really got a clue who I think will win that game this weekend.

God I hope Essendon smashes North Melbourne on Sunday.

The funny thing is if we lose it will be beat up as a massive distraction. I don't think the loss of Swan gives us a loss this week. Cloke an Dawes have to stand up this week, they just have to. if they at least get four goals between them it will help. Swans have been very consistent this year though.

Also Danny and Co. If you listen to the crap that comes out of this mans mouth on a Saturday night...you'll love this!

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOTLukeDarcy

Hahahahahahaha so true. Darcy's a fucking knob.

Swan obviously just wants to be playing country footy. He'll be playing till he's satisfied with his earnings, then quit and get loose the rest of his life. Can't blame him, not every players cut out for the rigours of AFL.

Did any of you hear James Brayshaw going on about "one percenters" in the Olympic commentary earlier? Forget what event it was, but I laughed and laughed.

BIG SANDY-LANDS.

Everyone's surname is hyphenated when BT is commentator. :bow:

BIG SANDY-LANDS.

Everyone's surname is hyphenated when BT is commentator. :bow:

He really loves ham. HARDING-HAM! WELLING-HAM!

Also, I swear to god, I'd give BT money to never say "big boy McEvoy" EVER AGAIN.

GETS OUT THE DUKES.

I remember spending time listening to the MMM commentary team of JB, Garry Lyon and BT back in '07/'08. Extremely entertaining.

I saw Dalhaus dancing shirtless on top of a caravan at Pyramid with a drink in each hand, surrounded by girls.

So yeah, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if he was on them too. I'm sure he was on it at Pyramid.

Went to see the Melbourne premiere of Bourne Legacy tonight... Nick Riewoldt, Clint Jones, Stephen Milne and Josh Gibson were all there.

It's weird... I was at one stage a metre away from Milney, a player I hate (at one stage he turned to Jones and said "gettin' on it?!!") and yet I would have licked his boots clean in that moment.

Milne is an amazing small forward, think what you like about him, but he gets it done and any team would love to have him in their side.

Saw Hardwick last night. Got me excited!

So, Brad Green retires.

In related news: Melbourne will continue to be totally fucked come 2013.

intedomine said:
Milne is an amazing small forward, think what you like about him, but he gets it done and any team would love to have him in their side.

Saw Hardwick last night. Got me excited!

He's a terrific small forward who goes missing when it counts.

Could have been all redeemed if he had got a boot on the ball in the 2010 GF dying seconds. I still cringe at that moment and what could have been.

Speaking of Milne: Milne taunt investigated

Not really, for the most part Green has been pretty ordinary for most of the year.

He's seemed decent enough - or at least better than much of the team, which isn't exactly high praise - in the last few games I've seen of him though. And I really don't think losing one of their most experienced players is really going to help nurture the young talent that's already being frittered away.

"fucking homo" would be the equivalent of swatting away a fly in country footy.

Honestly don't think it's that big of a deal. Same as Kobe calling the ref a faggot; words slip out of your mouth in intense situations.

But having just watched a promo for 9 news, it looks like it wasn't in play?

Kobe has the look of a nice guy I reckon.

Unacceptable language is unacceptable language. We wouldn't tolerate "fucking abo" at any level of footy nowadays, and I don't think "fucking homo" should be tolerated either. Set an example at the highest level and the lower leagues should follow ... eventually.

I don't think we should have some completely sanitised, boring league - obviously I enjoy the spectacle when a couple of players get stuck into each other - but you can have some vigorous, cutting back-and-forth without resorting to racism, homophobia, or anything of the sort.

"fucking homo" would be the equivalent of swatting away a fly in country footy.

Honestly don't think it's that big of a deal. Same as Kobe calling the ref a faggot; words slip out of your mouth in intense situations.

Country footy is like it's played in the 70s. For better and worse. This is in the "worse" category.

Apparently we've made a bid for Travis Cloke.

What the hell. This is not a very Adelaide Crows thing to do.

Nothing will come out of it but I never thought we'd throw our hats into the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom