2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst thing being 1/2 of your replacements is Slattery. The other is Pears.

I rather like Pears.

I wonder if we've already just given up on this game. Oh god, and to think this season was going so spectacularly well a mere five weeks ago.

Can we leave Dwayne Russell in the UK because this Tristan Foenander guy is pretty decent and not annoying.

Tayte Pears is the most ridiculous sounding name In the league, after Steele Sidebottom.

Match of the season last night. Thankfully my girlfriend is a Hawthorn supporter, so I tagged along. Cracking game.

Geelong all of a sudden looking good.

Schulz kicks Port's first goal on the quarter time siren. :lol: GWS have already kicked 5.

lol Chad Cornes. Goes forward in the last quarter and soccers a goal against his former team.

Fucking hell, Port. Hartlett is back as well, and their losing to the GWScum.. This is horrid.

Meanwhile, North continue to clinically move up the ladder. Petrie is the best forward in the competition at the moment.

Ten minutes to go and GWS up by thirty - think they've got this; don't see Port doing a last minute number on them like in that game against North early this year.

I love the hilarity in Port being dominated by a ruckman who they wouldn't give a game to when he was on their list.

Primus already going into the rooms and the game hasn't finished yet. Geez.

... and then Sheeds is laughing heartily in the box. :lol:

The Advertiser tomorrow will massacre Port. Rucci's going to be an even bigger asshole then he already is.

I'm especially impressed that instead of doing their traditional fadeout, the final quarter was actually GWS's highest scoring quarter.

I'm really happy for GWS though, they played with a lot of endeavour and it's great to see that they managed to stick it out when troubled and win by 30 or so points and on their home ground. Great reward for the fans that stuck with him during all those 100 point thrashings.

How many people were there, though? Five? Six?

Though this win will definitely help them maintain fans' interest.

Derby could be a cracker. West Coast should win, but it's never a sure thing. Pavlich already has a couple of goals.

I know next to nothing about AFL, so I looked it up on wikipedia and read a little about it.

Why are there so many teams in Melbourne, and only two in Sydney?

How many people were there, though? Five? Six?

Though this win will definitely help them maintain fans' interest.

Just under 7,000. Not a big crowd at all but it got quite loud in the last quarter.

I know next to nothing about AFL, so I looked it up on wikipedia and read a little about it.

Why are there so many teams in Melbourne, and only two in Sydney?

To put it on the most basic level possible, there used to be the Victorian Football League (VFL) which contained all these Melbourne teams and sometime in the mid/late 80s they became a national competition, later incorporating teams from other states. Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom