2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Port will win. Yes, they're shit, but they're still not as shit as GWS.

Skoda's got the same country-footy-in-suburbia feel as Alberton Oval, too - shouldn't intimidate Port too much.

Are you serious? :lol: The Riewoldts and the Selwoods are protected species, not Thompson.

About time the AFL had some semblance of sanity and cleared him. A suspension would have been disgusting.

Contact between the Adelaide Crows’ Scott Thompson and the Geelong Cats’ Steve Johnson from the first quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. After a ruck contest, Johnson is moving towards the loose ball at speed while Thompson is coming to the contest at an angle. Thompson receives a push from player Joel Corey into the path of Johnson and, at the last moment, he braces before contact is made. It was the view of the panel the contact was caused by circumstances outside the control of player Thompson and no further action was taken.

Tell me more about how Thompson is a 'dog'.

He should've done nothing and risk a head clash?

Keep whining. :up: For once the AFL makes a good decision.

I'm with Vlad on this one, honestly. The only way to read malice into the situation is to choose the right angle and slow the footage right down. It doesn't look pretty but it's an accident not worthy of suspension. Let's not turn this into a pussy sport.

On the Couch is awesome Danny!

349491.jpg

Just watching an interview with Quentin Lynch on Before the Game... bloke hasn't got two brain cells to rub together!

Only just learning what Eagles fans have known for years. :wink: Still love it when he takes the glove off, though - even if that's fallen out of favour over the past few seasons. Still think he could kick it from the centre, too.

Just watching an interview with Quentin Lynch on Before the Game... bloke hasn't got two brain cells to rub together!

*Quinten Lynch

(Clearly his parents didn't have two brain cells to rub together either.)

I think I tipped the Hawks by about 35 or 40! About time they ended their losing streak to the Cats, and they're in the form to do it.

Wow, tomorrow, Sheeds notches up his 1,000th AFL game as player or coach.

What the fuck Hawthorn... I think their eight-game winning streak is the one coming to an end! I knew that couldn't last much longer. They've gone from hot to about -200°C.

I ... I just don't even. Did Hawthorn and Essendon swap jumpers at the end of last round's game, and this is actually the Bombers?

Another premiership favourite bites the dust. Even if the Hawks somehow come back to win it, can you really call them favourites after getting whipped right at the outset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom