2011 AFL Thread - Melbourne: The suckiest sucks that ever sucked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And shit oh dear, Port. But geez, I wonder when Collingwood's inaccuracy is going to come back and bite them. At the moment, Geelong's showing the Pies how it's done when it comes to utterly brutal demolitions.

I often wonder when other people will have something positive to say about collingwood and not releate them to how good another side is, alas. :wink:

I often wonder when other people will have something positive to say about collingwood and not releate them to how good another side is, alas. :wink:

You can keep hoping in vain, my friend. :tongue:

As for today's games:

- Disappointed the Lions became toothless at the death. They may be Queenslanders but I still have something of a soft spot for them and would've liked it if they'd got up. Ah well, it's something for Vladders to crow abou- er, uh, unintentional pun.
- Goddamn, North really, really pushed Hawthorn there. Unexpectedly great game. Thank god the 'Roos didn't finish the job though. That's made Essendon's job holding eighth a little bit easier.
- At this stage, it looks like Richmond forgot to return to the park after quarter time against the Eagles.

We came back from the dead! What the hell!

Johncock is SUCH a gun. In the game I attended earlier this year, you'd see him keeping the Crows out of danger all the time, so reliably, and now he's winning them games as well. I hate to bring up the "if he played for a Victorian team..." thing, since it's often bullshit, but if he at least played for a top six-eight team, I think he'd get even more attention. Port Lincoln must erect (lol) a statue of him, pronto.

West Coast looked good yesterday, and I don't mean how they played (they were playing Richmond at Subi), but what they were wearing. This original strip should be their new away strip, with the current away strip being their home guernsey.

Johncock is SUCH a gun. In the game I attended earlier this year, you'd see him keeping the Crows out of danger all the time, so reliably, and now he's winning them games as well. I hate to bring up the "if he played for a Victorian team..." thing, since it's often bullshit, but if he at least played for a top six-eight team, I think he'd get even more attention. Port Lincoln must erect (lol) a statue of him, pronto.

Hell yes. Love him to bits but you will probably never see him get an AA nomination even if he's just about the best defender for his size in the league. Only problem is his off games, they are really bad when they come along every now and then.

More quality facebook groups.

"What's the score?"
"Port Adelaide's playing"
"Cheers"

That's a classic case of a group I'd like if the person who made it could fucking punctuate properly.

West Coast looked good yesterday, and I don't mean how they played (they were playing Richmond at Subi), but what they were wearing. This original strip should be their new away strip, with the current away strip being their home guernsey.

I concur, though as long as we go back to the original logo for the current away strip too. So much better than the one we've had for the past ten years or so. Definitively "West Coast", rather than just another bird logo.

Can't stand our clash strip. I nearly had to think twice about my Coxy avatar just because of what he's wearing, but honestly he could be wearing a fluorescent leotard and it'd still be badass.

As for the game itself, went over about as well as I expected. We seem to have trouble putting teams away (with the 123-point pummeling of the Dogs as an exception) - and although we actually managed to score that third quarter, to still allow Richmond to score 7 goals (no offence!) wasn't great for a team heading for the top four. Hopefully we're just having a few bumps before we hit the finals, I am a little worried though.

At least Nicky Nat took about five cool marks in the first half. Hope he and Cox are alright for this weekend.

Yeah when I meant away strip to be used as the home I meant the more "traditional" colour reversal of the strip they wore on Sunday.

Gold on Blue for home, Blue on Gold for clash.

They can fuck that repulsive white thing off, as can Brisbane, Hawthorn, Adelaide and Gold Coast.

Sitting Level 2 at Etihad this Friday, have never been on the "premium" level for anything other than the EJ Legends game, should be fun.

I wasn't being sarcastic either, I had a good laugh at that (though I do feel for them and I am pretty worried about sone of these margins).

If you're referring to those Facebook groups, I don't get them :reject:, if you're referring to something else, I just didn't get your post cause I suck :(.

Yeah when I meant away strip to be used as the home I meant the more "traditional" colour reversal of the strip they wore on Sunday.

Gold on Blue for home, Blue on Gold for clash.

They can fuck that repulsive white thing off, as can Brisbane, Hawthorn, Adelaide and Gold Coast.

I hate the white thing too. What's with that? Two (or three, in Brisbane and Adelaide's cases) colours aren't enough??

If you're referring to those Facebook groups, I don't get them :reject:, if you're referring to something else, I just didn't get your post cause I suck :(.

I think (I could be wrong cos I'm a bit confused too) that they're sort of sarcastic references to how much Port suck and the huge margins that are happening lately.

Maybe.

:reject:

The implication is that Port Adelaide are such a bad side that no matter who they are playing, they are losing, probably by a large margin.

I've always liked Eddie, but he's hard to defend sometimes.

"Have a look at what welfare has done for Aboriginal Australia - it's been fantastic hasn't it? This is what we're getting with the AFL."
- regarding the AFL supporting cash-strapped clubs

:|

Is what he said really that far from the truth? My honest opinion is he probably could have worded it better, perhaps. A sensitive age, in we live. :yoda:

What? It's a blatantly racist, factually inaccurate, dickheadish thing to say. But I'm pretty sure that to be a high profile commercial radio presenter, you have to be a racist dickhead.

Picks for the weekend:

St Kilda vs Collingwood
Freo vs Carlton (I'm worried how much I've ended up wanting Carlton to win lately to help Essendon's top eight chances)
Hawthorn vs some shitty primary school's B-team
Bulldogs vs Bombers
Lions oh come on! vs Suns
Melbourne vs West Coast
Poormond vs Sydney
Adelaide vs Geelong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom