2010 AFL Thread Part Two: In which debate continues about Richmond's AFL membership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leigh Mathews doesn't rate our defence....shame.

Collingwood by 1 point.
Western Bulldogs
Sydney - only because its at the SCG...if it were ANZ or anywhere else, Freo.
Richmond
Port Adelaide
Brisbane - no confidence at all.
Carlton - No confidence at all.
West Coast

Surprised you folks are picking the Eagles. Sure, they're looking a bit better after last round's win, and St Kilda don't seem half the team they did a month or so ago, but I'm still expecting the Saints to prevail.

I agree, Ax. I'm as surprised as anyone. But the Saints just don't seem to have a rudder, whereas we've sort of got a quarter of a rudder flapping about back there.

Yep, at Subiaco. If at ES then you'd still back the Saints because they'll try and choke you with their zone and what have you.

Fremantle Football Club has been rocked by a drug scandal.

After investigations by the AFL Commission, & allegations that a Fremantle player was involved in the use of illegal drugs, the AFL have taken a hard-nosed approach to the problem and stripped the Fremantle Football Club of ALL awards won over the past 15 years .

The AFL Commissioner was seen leaving Fremantle Oval this morning with:

* 15 participation certificates.
* 3 junior whopper with cheese value meal vouchers
* 7 chocolate frogs.

Insiders close to the club state that the club is devastated.

You're lucky today, Ian!

I've always wondered, is there any ounce of interest in AFL over in NZ? I assume the Grand Final is usually broadcast live every year, right?

You're lucky today, Ian!

I've always wondered, is there any ounce of interest in AFL over in NZ? I assume the Grand Final is usually broadcast live every year, right?

an ounce would probably describe the level of interest well, i'd say. there's always a game on sky every week, either live or delayed depending on what else is on sky sports.

the grand final has been broadcast live regularly for the last 5-6 years - before that i couldn't honestly remember. sometimes we get the full finals series, sometimes we get a mix and match of live and delayed finals games. usually there's no onion on by that point of the year and there are less nrl games by then because of the finals series, so the finals are well covered.

the grand final gets a pretty reasonable amount of general media coverage. probably not as much as the superbowl though.

an ounce would probably describe the level of interest well, i'd say. there's always a game on sky every week, either live or delayed depending on what else is on sky sports.

the grand final has been broadcast live regularly for the last 5-6 years - before that i couldn't honestly remember. sometimes we get the full finals series, sometimes we get a mix and match of live and delayed finals games. usually there's no onion on by that point of the year and there are less nrl games by then because of the finals series, so the finals are well covered.

the grand final gets a pretty reasonable amount of general media coverage. probably not as much as the superbowl though.

Ah, thanks. :up:

Rather enjoyed last night's game myself.

$10 says Cats won't be premiers though.

Rather enjoyed last night's game myself.

$10 says Cats won't be premiers though.

If Collingwood play Geelong in the GF, Collingwood will win.

I know this because ...

StK > Geelong R14 '09, Geelong win GF
Geelong > Hawthorn '08 H&A, Hawthorn win GF
Port > Geelong '07 H&A, Geelong win GF (by 119 I might add :wink:)

And it does go on for a bit.

Big Bad Barry is going all bonkers on the Roos! At least not on the scoreboard though, but WB are really smashing the sorry faces of North.

How good is this last quarter? Bloody brilliant, about the last thing I was expecting at three quarter time with these sides.

Port were at what, 64 at 3qt, with a six goal deficit? They're now at 109 and leading Melbourne by five points. Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom