2010-2011 NBA Thread Episode III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. We blew it. Choke job.

A partial choke job (this sounds like something on Lance's Mom's menu, by the way) but I think you have to give most of the credit for the comeback in the last 3 minutes to Lebron and Wade. Yeah, we made mistakes, but in my opinion it mostly came down to those dudes hitting fucking shots. They came up very large. That three Wade hit that ended up a four point play? I mean, fuck. Nothing you can do about that. That was just a great player making an incredible shot. And Lebron imposed his will there with his jumper. Unfortunately.

My heart is a little heavy. I think I might have a beer.

popeye-jones.jpg

I'm currently putting a Chris Traeger-esque spin on this whole series.

Derrick Rose! Ann Perkins! This was LITERALLY the best thing that could have happened to the Bulls.

A partial choke job (this sounds like something on Lance's Mom's menu, by the way) but I think you have to give most of the credit for the comeback in the last 3 minutes to Lebron and Wade. Yeah, we made mistakes, but in my opinion it mostly came down to those dudes hitting fucking shots. They came up very large. That three Wade hit that ended up a four point play? I mean, fuck. Nothing you can do about that. That was just a great player making an incredible shot. And Lebron imposed his will there with his jumper. Unfortunately.

My heart is a little heavy. I think I might have a beer.

You are right. And the thing was, they had 2 players, if not three, that could take the big shots. It seems like Miami found their grove. Their offense looks good and they play really good D.

Also...Haslem stepped up and won them a game. Mike Miller won them another one. Taj got us one...Kurt Thomas tried hard tonight.

But yeah, it sucks.

Kurt Thomas tried hard tonight.

Yeah, Kurt was awesome tonight. And Ronald E. Brewer, too. Shame that those great and unexpected performances will be mostly forgotten.

And, I know I probably don't even have to say it, but I'll put it down on record anyway:

Go Mavs.

Derrick Rose! Ann Perkins! This was LITERALLY the best thing that could have happened to the Bulls.

I don't know what the Bulls' cap status will be this off-season, but if they can snag another good spot-up shooter then that could LIT'RALLY help them make that next step.

I've got to give credit to LeBron. He was a monster in this series, with all of the skills of his arsenal on display. I admit that I spent the whole series wishing that he still played for the Cavs.

Also, I love Rose's attitude and heart, and his future is exceedingly bright, but he really needs to exercise more discretion with his shot selection. Charging headlong into the teeth of the Miami defense on nearly every offensive play just was not cutting it. Shot selection, though, is a major part of the maturation process.

Good series, Bulls. Despite it being 4-1, each match was a close battle for the majority of the way through the game.

Looks like the first match of the playoffs I miss happens to be a phenomenal one. Whatever, ATE was worth it.

Well he's copped a lot of shot since youknowwhat, but that shouldn't take away from the fact he's a phenomenal basketballer. Shame about Chicago. Go Mavs, yes.

Seven how come you don't go for Orlando?

GirlsAloudFan said:

I would like a beer, I would like that beer in a tall glass, and I'd like that beer cold. GREAT WORK!

Well he's copped a lot of shot since youknowwhat, but that shouldn't take away from the fact he's a phenomenal basketballer. Shame about Chicago. Go Mavs, yes.

Seven how come you don't go for Orlando?

Born/raised in South Florida (Delray Beach). I only moved up to Orlando last Fall to start at UCF.

I've got to give credit to LeBron. He was a monster in this series, with all of the skills of his arsenal on display. I admit that I spent the whole series wishing that he still played for the Cavs.

Could have been in the same position if he actually cared this time last season.

Going to be an interesting finals series non the less.

Looked very similar to how the Heat dispatched the Celtics...they just had too much late in these games, especially games 4 and 5, very similar results, OT domination in game 4, and a smothering in the final minutes of game 5.

Credit to the Heat, especially LeBron as their biggest criticism most of the season was for a failure to exeute late in close games, now they are executing their opponents in these situations.

Hopefully we'll get a good finals, but I think we may see a very similar outcome as Miami's youth and athelticism may take over late in games. I can see Jason Kidd looking very old and slow and Dallas may need a lot of contribution from Andouche Bynum's bff JJ Barea to be competitive.

And how many years did the Bulls sign Carlos Boozehag for...dude seems to have aged a decade in a year, that signing may come back to haunt them and stifle their overall improvement in the coming years.

Heat in 6.

I never thought that LeBron would be the GOAT, so maybe that's why I don't care about his stupid decision. I firmly believed and still do that he would never win a ring on his own/on a team where he was the undisputed top dog. Laugh all ya want but I think he walks in Wade's shadow yes he has his alpha dog moments but this is Wade's (and Haslems for that matter) team and always will be. Wade is my guy.

Heat in 6.

I never thought that LeBron would be the GOAT, so maybe that's why I don't care about his stupid decision. I firmly believed and still do that he would never win a ring on his own/on a team where he was the undisputed top dog. Laugh all ya want but I think he walks in Wade's shadow yes he has his alpha dog moments but this is Wade's (and Haslems for that matter) team and always will be. Wade is my guy.

I don't like being compelled to defend LeBron, but he has thoroughly outplayed Wade throughout this post-season. He is clearly the alpha-dog on the team right now.

I don't like being compelled to defend LeBron, but he has thoroughly outplayed Wade throughout this post-season. He is clearly the alpha-dog on the team right now.

I thought Wade was the MVP of the Sixers and Celtics series.

I thought Wade was the MVP of the Sixers and Celtics series.
I would agree.
Save for a few very important late 3's in games 4 and 5, Wade definitely had more of an impact than James for the Heat against the Celtics.

Against The Bulls, no question LeBron had much more of an impact.

Nope. Shaq wasn't even in the top 11 that year. LeBron was 2nd and Wade 6th. Nash was the MVP for the 2nd consecutive year.

I got it confused with his first year in Miami, my mistake.

NBA.com - Steve Nash Named<BR>2004-05 NBA MVP

Steve Nash of the Phoenix Suns was named the winner of the Maurice Podoloff Trophy as the NBA’s Most Valuable Player for the 2004-05 season, the NBA announced today.
The 6-3 point guard, who returned this season to Phoenix where he spent the first two years of his career, totaled 1,066 points to narrowly edge out Shaquille O’Neal (1,032 points) of the Miami Heat in MVP voting. The 34-point difference is the fourth-closest voting margin since media began voting on this award in 1980-1981.

Point is, Shaq was no slouch either of those two years.

Just as it looked like sharing the ball, trusting your teammates, hitting the open man when he's open instead of dribbling the ball into submission, and most importantly, the entire concept that great players lift lesser teammates up and make them better was making a comeback... three douchebags come along and stack the deck the other way, and the NBA looks like a bad aau game again.

:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom