2010-2011 NBA Thread Episode III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I can watch this game with the volume up anymore if the only thing they're going to say is "and he thought he got fouled!" after every play.

LeTin Man's triple-double will get overshadowed by his second straight no-show in the fourth.

LeTin Man's triple-double will get overshadowed by his second straight no-show in the fourth.

He was getting double-teamed constantly and setting up Haslem, Bosh and others for wide-open buckets, so he was doing fine.

Of course, the first chance he has to score in the fourth quarter, he gets called for a borderline charge. How does he take his next chance? A brick from 26 feet away.

He was getting double-teamed constantly and setting up Haslem, Bosh and others for wide-open buckets, so he was doing fine.

Of course, the first chance he has to score in the fourth quarter, he gets called for a borderline charge. How does he take his next chance? A brick from 26 feet away.

The passes that he and Wade were bouncing toward the cutters in that 2-3 minute stretch where they took the lead were gorgeous.

Right, one might assume that his shot selection would be stronger or that he could use his athleticism to get to certain spots on the floor.

Of course everyone will be all over LeBron for his current 2 points or whatever in the 4th quarter. They want a reason to talk about him.

I'm currently very frustrated with Spoelstra for watching the Mavericks shit on the Heat and doing nothing until it was starting to slip away.

Is there a more unlikeable player on the floor than Shawn Marion?

Oh yeah, LBJ.

Honestly, I don't know who will make me more sick to my stomach if they get to hoist the trophy...Marion is such an asshole, seriously.

Ass Dan you are definitely the most anti-Heat person I've come across, online or otherwise :lol:
Really? I'm tame compare to a lot of people.

I just really think they're not that good. They have the most talent, but they don't play smart basketball. They choose to settle for covered jump shots in crunch time. They stop moving the ball. They stop driving.

I really thought Dallas would win this series going in. Very little of what has happened has surprised me.

And Wade occasionally remembering to grimace and limp between fluidly turning the corner on his drives to the basket was amusing.

Gvox, are you a Heat fan or don't have an affiliation with either team?

I am definitely a Heat fan on a few levels that start back with Wade and Marquette and run through the Canadian Connection in Joel Anthony who unfortunately is woefully undersized for his position. I can't stand LBJ though, and have mad respect for the serious work Dirk is putting in. If the Mavs win, I won't be silly and claim bad refereeing or other crap, they are playing great.

That's probably not clearing much up :lol:

I am definitely a Heat fan on a few levels that start back with Wade and Marquette and run through the Canadian Connection in Joel Anthony who unfortunately is woefully undersized for his position. I can't stand LBJ though, and have mad respect for the serious work Dirk is putting in. If the Mavs win, I won't be silly and claim bad refereeing or other crap, they are playing great.

That's probably not clearing much up :lol:

It doesn't, just wondering.

Have you never played thru injury? Your moves to the basket don't alter much, but when the play stops and you're walking, you limp. Jeez give the guy a break!
I have played through injury, and I've seen many injuries and seen many people play through injuries. I watched the game with a few other people, and we disagreed on basically everything, but we all saw Wade milking that for all it's worth. He had a bruise from a light contact play. After the "injury" he hopped up, made two free throws, played a possession or two, and then suddenly collapsed during a timeout, did the "come back from the locker room to bravely lead the team back" routine not once but twice, and would grimace every time he forgot to limp. Those turns he was making you just don't make if you're really that hurt.

That bruise on his hip is a long way from the heart.

I used to like Wade, especially back when he was a relative unknown at Marquette. But he's slowly lost respect from me the past couple years because of shit like this.

It doesn't, just wondering.

It might help if you examine it thru the lens I'm looking thru right now:

canadian_club_classic_12.jpg

:wink:

The Mavericks are playing like Champions.

That being said, the Heat still have it in them to take the next two games. It's going to be a great game 6.

I have played through injury, and I've seen many injuries and seen many people play through injuries. I watched the game with a few other people, and we disagreed on basically everything, but we all saw Wade milking that for all it's worth. He had a bruise from a light contact play. After the "injury" he hopped up, made two free throws, played a possession or two, and then suddenly collapsed during a timeout, did the "come back from the locker room to bravely lead the team back" routine not once but twice, and would grimace every time he forgot to limp. Those turns he was making you just don't make if you're really that hurt.

That bruise on his hip is a long way from the heart.

I used to like Wade, especially back when he was a relative unknown at Marquette. But he's slowly lost respect from me the past couple years because of shit like this.

You've got a beef with him that's not entirely rational imo. He's not doing anything any other great player hasn't done.

And I'm pretty sure you've never played through the injuries he's sustained or at the level of game he has.

Anyways, it's just banter about the game. He's my guy, so of course I'm defending him ;)

I thought Dallas outplayed Miami for most of the game, but squandered some opportunities: missed easy buckets inside (looking at you, Chandler and Marion), one too many passes on some possessions, etc. Wade certainly took advantage midway through the fourth. He had a good game when he was on the court. But again, Dallas went back to their game late and Miami started settling, and by Miami I mostly mean LeBron. Also, Miami's defense wasn't as strong as it's been earlier in the series. They looked like they were trying to prevent the drive to the basket and gave a little on the perimeter. They didn't have a hand in the face of a lot of those shooters.

Dallas won almost entirely because the three was falling for them. Barea, Kidd, Nowitzki and Terry all hit clutch threes.

It might help if you examine it thru the lens I'm looking thru right now:

canadian_club_classic_12.jpg

:wink:

Very nice.

I think that if you don't have specific team allegiances, it makes sense to follow a player and watch whatever team that they find themselves on. I may watch Dwight Howard if he leaves the Magic... but I'll still keep watching the Magic.

Anyway:

DkBHm.gif

I think that if you don't have specific team allegiances, it makes sense to follow a player and watch whatever team that they find themselves on.

Absolutely...especially if your home team, like mine, hasn't a chance in hell of ever making it to the conference series much less the whole shebang. :lol:

ETA that ref is freaking killing me right now :lmao:

You've got a beef with him that's not entirely rational imo. He's not doing anything any other great player hasn't done.

And I'm pretty sure you've never played through the injuries he's sustained or at the level of game he has.

Anyways, it's just banter about the game. He's my guy, so of course I'm defending him ;)
If my problem is that he's overly dramatic, I don't think it's fair to say I have a beef when he's being over dramatic.

Look, I've played through my share of injuries. I've played with worse injuries than a bruise on the hip. I've played basketball with a Lisfranc sprain (professionals tend to miss weeks or months with that injury) and a football game with a torn back muscle. I have no idea what that has to do with anything, but you obviously are hung up on the idea that I'm cheapening his pain.

I have no problem with him being your guy. I get it. Jameer Nelson is my non-Sixers "guy." I'd defend him too. I'm not stating this to get up in your grill, I don't care what you think about Wade. I just think it's true.

Absolutely...especially if your home team, like mine, hasn't a chance in hell of ever making it to the conference series much less the whole shebang. :lol:

ETA that ref is freaking killing me right now :lmao:

That's too fairweather for me to get behind. Who's your home team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom