2008 Grammy Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This year's show is putting me to sleep, as usual. I think I hate too many people to truly enjoy this show. Fergie that skank again?! Corporate whores like Foo Fighters beating Bruce and Wilco? Sure, we'll do your cell phone promo guest amateur musician outside stage thing. What do we get out of it? Oh, okay. And John Paul Jones will be there to further tarnish his reputation by orchestrating some random bullshit that will be drowned out by our unoriginal RAWK?

Jason Bateman's irreverent announcing was more punk rock than their performance. What a fucking joke.

lazarus said:
This year's show is putting me to sleep, as usual. I think I hate too many people to truly enjoy this show. Fergie that skank again?! Corporate whores like Foo Fighters beating Bruce and Wilco? Sure, we'll do your cell phone promo guest amateur musician outside stage thing. What do we get out of it? Oh, okay. And John Paul Jones will be there to further tarnish his reputation by orchestrating some random bullshit that will be drowned out by our unoriginal RAWK?

Jason Bateman's irreverent announcing was more punk rock than their performance. What a fucking joke.

I'm really surprised you like a band as corporate whorish as U2. lol

sniggirb said:

I'm afraid so. This is the new direction Lanios and Eno are pushing the band.

I could see it coming after that Temple Bar mix of Vertigo. It was obvious country would be the direction they were taking.

Honestly, there is nothing more annoying than a band who lets people know how non-mainstream they are by dragging around saying "We're artists. We won't sell out for corporations. We'll stay here with our 12 fans and change the world with our music."

U2, Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, The Beatles The Rolling Stones, The Who, Radiohead, REM, Nirvana, and many other artists/bands....have all had major mainstream success and worked with corporations in one way or another without selling out. That's why they're legends. They could be popular and still maintain their integrity.

Diane L said:
Taylor Swift looks like a prissy little prom queen, watching Rihanna making her acceptance speech.

I called it on the first page. Taylor's Swift's dress...Miss America '85'.:yuck: She's such a pretty girl too, but that outdated dress and make-up just aren't working.

Zootlesque said:

what's this about u2 stealing from country? :scratch:

the guy presenting the award for Country Album (or whatever it was, but it was Country) said that there's a famous quote from a Country person, that "Country music is all about 3 chords and the truth"

so... U2 not only stole from Charles Manson, but from Country music as well

EXTRA:
Next U2 Album called "Edgegrass"
Big World Tour with Bon Jovi

Back
Top Bottom