2007 French Open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the rockin edge said:
predictions for the mens final anyone? i really hope federer can finally win it but i dont know i if truly think he will....

same. not to take anything away from his straight sets win over davydenko, but he's going to have to play better than that to beat nadal.
very excited to see how both players come out playing though :up:

and congrats to justine of course, she's incredible to watch on clay. :applaud:

All that said on Federer, I'm starting to root for him since he's so weak in first set.

Watching this match, you can tell that both players have great anticipation of each other's shots. It's has become more chess match than tennis match. Normally that would be in Federer's favor but Nadal is making the better shots today. If Federer doesn't add a little more fire to the match, the man in the capri pants will take another French Open.

Bah, screw you, Nadal.

At least one of my favourites won! So glad to see Justine take another French Open.

COBL_04 said:
^ I'd probably take Mysinka out of that bracket. Where's she in the world?

Add Kim Clijsters to the mix too. Nothing against Russians but I think Henin (again, who is the competition ?) and Clijsters did more to take out the Williams duo.

I really don't get people's dislike of Nadal, he doesn't seem that arrogant to me, and he was clearly the better of Federer today.

Like Sampras (to have a Sampras/Federer game, with both of them at their peak) and many other tennis greats, I don't think he'll win Paris. He couldn't do it at his best in the previous two seasons (and for how long can he keep up the dominance?), and certainly not the way he played yesterday.

Nadal I think will be better again on the grass this time round, it was quite a surprise last time round that he got to the final of Wimbledon...could be quite interesting this time round, if he can really up his game to give Federer a scare on grass....

Back
Top Bottom