2006-2007 College Football (USA) [postseason of 05-06, into pre06, and so on]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:

Changes to the schedule announced this morning; the Trojans moved Game #1 to Sept. 2 for an ESPN time-slot and they now have a 2-week bye between Arkansas and Nebraska...AND (drum-roll...........)

Twinkies for the following year...'SC added Idaho as its 2007 opener...(???) they then added San Jose State for their opener in subsequent years.

But the biggest addition was Colorado State and Ohio State in 2008 and 2009....:yes:

At least they are Division 1A schools. There are tons of teams in the SEC that play 1AA schools. The problem 'SC faces, is none of the big football schools want to play. I give props to tOSU for scheduling 'SC. That will be a fun one.

For Honor said:
Feb 2 is closer than it seems... I hope I don't forget about it I'm so busy...

Rivals.com is where you want to be for LOI day.

Here are rankings of teams and their current verbal commitments:

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=880

Verbals mean nothing until they are inked on the 2nd, but it sheds some light as to who is doing what.

Florida is cleaning house. USC, ND, PSU, Georgia, and Texas doing well also.

Nebraska doing OK, not great under Callahan.

Miami taking a bath.

Last edited:
Also, I've heard that ESPNU will be airing 6 hours of recruiting coverage that day/evening. THey promise "Election Night"-style coverage. I guess that means that a few 5-star kids will be too close to call and some sort of controversy in Florida...:wink:

Clark W. Griswold said:

Nebraska doing OK, not great under Callahan.

Miami taking a bath.

what does "taking a bath" mean?

ANd...... do you mean NU was doing better under Solich? Or just that they have been overhyped

For Honor said:

what does "taking a bath" mean?

ANd...... do you mean NU was doing better under Solich? Or just that they have been overhyped

"bath"=UM is feeling the pain this recruiting season. Substandard play, embarrasing bowl game, and the firing of several asst. coaches have hurt them badly w/ the blue chips. They just had a great QB decommit and verbal to PSU(Pat Devlin). Coker is in trouble.

As far as the Huskers go I was refering to their recruiting success as well. Their class looks fine, but they missed on a few they would have gotten in years past, and lost a verbal commitment from a QB to K State I believe. Callahan did well w/ recruiting last year, so we'll have to see what kind of team he has in a few years.

Clark W. Griswold said:

Yes, and if Tom Lemming sees his (very large) shadow, the F'ing Irish will have the #1 recruiting class.

I'm surprised he doesn't already have their class #1. I watched part of the Army All American game, and all I heard was about ND's great class. I just assumed they were number 1. :rolleyes:

Things to look for tomorrow. Vidal Hazleton might decommit from 'SC and go to Penn St. Apparently, his family is pressuring him to stay close to home.

Meanwhile, Percy Harvin might actually decommit from Florida to go to 'SC.

Recruiting has become insane. I really think there should be an early signing period, like Basketball.

trojanchick99 said:
I'm surprised he doesn't already have their class #1. I watched part of the Army All American game, and all I heard was about ND's great class. I just assumed they were number 1. :rolleyes:

Ah yes, the AAA Game. Otherwise known as the "Lemming Fantasy Camp" or "Mention ND as one of your five finalists and you can play in my All Star game broadcasted on the same network that greases ND's pockets- Game"

Things to look for tomorrow. Vidal Hazleton might decommit from 'SC and go to Penn St. Apparently, his family is pressuring him to stay close to home.
As a fan of PSU, I've heard of these rumblings for quite a while. I don't think the kid ever was 100% sure. I think with the Nits grabbing Devlin he just might switch. Who knows..

Meanwhile, Percy Harvin might actually decommit from Florida to go to 'SC.
that would be quite a feat, given how hot U. Meyer has been this off season. Still, if one team could pull it off, it's USC.

Recruiting has become insane. I really think there should be an early signing period, like Basketball.

That might work, but then all this decommitting of recruits would just happen in the fall as apposed to now. Plus, if I'm a big time recruit who is at all unsure of my choice, I wouldn't sign in the fall anyhow.

Coaches that bitch about their recruits bailing on them at the last second are the same coaches that pressure the kids into "verballing" ahead of time in the first place. They cause their own problems, IMO.

What needs to go away is the entire "verbal commitment" thing, which is meaningless to start with and only leads to hard feelings when a 17-18 year old kid has a change of heart. (ie: Logan-El)

Good luck tomorrow(or later today, whichever you prefer)

Last edited:
As a fan of PSU, I've heard of these rumblings for quite a while. I don't think the kid ever was 100% sure. I think with the Nits grabbing Devlin he just might switch. Who knows..

The latest episode of As the Recruit Turns.... Word is that Vidal wants to go out west to 'SC. However, his dad would like him to stay close to home. I really can't blame him.

Right now there are conflicting reports that VH has signed a letter of intent but that his dad is refusing to sign.

Crazy. but entertaining. I really wish I had ESPNU at work. That would rock.

trojanchick99 said:

The latest episode of As the Recruit Turns.... Word is that Vidal wants to go out west to 'SC. However, his dad would like him to stay close to home. I really can't blame him.

Right now there are conflicting reports that VH has signed a letter of intent but that his dad is refusing to sign.

Crazy. but entertaining. I really wish I had ESPNU at work. That would rock.

LOL I've been hearing the same things. It's hard to say what is really going on between Father and son here. If Vidal is 100% for USC, then dad needs to step aside. If dad sees hesitation w/ his kid, he is doing the right thing by not signing the LOI. They do have until April 1 to announce, so today isn't like an "end all be all" thing. One thing is certain, Dad doesn't like Pete very much.

One story I heard was that on the afternoon back in December when Vidal verballed on ESPN, he was PSU when they left for the studio, but changed his mind by the time they got there. Even this past week Vidal admitted to someone (Farrell??) that he was 50/50. Perhaps its that kind of waivering that has dad concerned. You only get to do this once.

On another note, just how the heck does Bobby Bowden do it? Their recruiting was lagging all year, and then Signing Day comes and PRESTO, say hello to another awesome class. I guess with all the talent that state has every year, the Noles could fall on their butts and still come up with a top ten class.

Clark W. Griswold said:

LOL I've been hearing the same things. It's hard to say what is really going on between Father and son here. If Vidal is 100% for USC, then dad needs to step aside. If dad sees hesitation w/ his kid, he is doing the right thing by not signing the LOI. They do have until April 1 to announce, so today isn't like an "end all be all" thing. One thing is certain, Dad doesn't like Pete very much.

One story I heard was that on the afternoon back in December when Vidal verballed on ESPN, he was PSU when they left for the studio, but changed his mind by the time they got there. Even this past week Vidal admitted to someone (Farrell??) that he was 50/50. Perhaps its that kind of waivering that has dad concerned. You only get to do this once.

All I have been hearing is how excited Vidal is about playing at USC and that he was trying to get his teammate Keiland Williams to sign with the Trojans. Here is the latest:

http://www.silive.com/sports/advance/index.ssf?/base/Sports/1138894296100760.xml&coll=1&thispage=

This is starting to tick me off. The fact that his father is saying all of these things to the press is sad. I really feel bad for the kid. He shouldn't be put in this type of position.

Last edited:
trojanchick99 said:

All I have been hearing is how excited Vidal is about playing at USC and that he was trying to get his teammate Keiland Williams to sign with the Trojans. Here is the latest:

http://www.silive.com/sports/advance/index.ssf?/base/Sports/1138894296100760.xml&coll=1&thispage=

This is starting to tick me off. The fact that his father is saying all of these things to the press is sad. I really feel bad for the kid. He shouldn't be put in this type of position.

Yeah, I read the silive.com article earlier this evening, also one w/ similar info on Rivals. After reading those, plus a few other things all I can say is....

You take him, TrojanChick, he's all yours!!!!!!!!

Maybe we'll see you in the Rose Bowl some day.

Charlie Weis... Meet Jimmy Clausen and his band of 5 pointed Wide Outs. Tis true.

sistinechapeladam12eo.jpg

Looks like VH is finally going to make up his mind( for the third time) this Friday at noon. Dad has been softening on his anti-Pete stance. I see Vidal sticking w/ USC.

USC QB, John David Booty, heir apparent to the Matt Leinart throne, OUT for the remainder of spring training and will HAVE BACK SURGERY!!! :yikes:

This leaves 2nd year Freshman Mark Sanchez, High School All_American, a majority of the snaps until summer...

OMG! :|

Truthfully, Mark Sanchez is possibly the area favorite only because he was a local High School star and broke many records; he's popular....his father and I were friends back in the early 70's but I haven't spoken with him since...

JD Booty got some playing time during the end of those blow out games... like Randy Jackson would say, "I don't know, dawg, I don't think he's (Mark Sanchez) ready for the big show..."

Time will tell.

FUCK. Because the program isn't in enough turmoil. Hope Mike McDonald is ready to play. Someone needs to get control of this program, because this is making me ill.

USC QB Sanchez Arrested For Alleged Sexual Assault

Mark Sanchez, a redshirt freshman battling to become USC's starting quarterback, was arrested in the 4100 block of McClintock just north of the campus at about 4 p.m. today after a female USC student reported to police that she had been sexually assaulted by Sanchez earlier in the day, said Officer Jason Lee, an LAPD spokesman.

LAPD's elite robbery-homicide division is investigating the case. Sanchez, 19, has been booked on suspicion of sexual assault, and is in custody in the jail at LAPD's Parker Center, in downtown Los Angeles. He has not been charged, Lee said.

USC Coach Pete Carroll, who was out of town recruiting, said early this evening that he was aware of Sanchez's arrest and that the Trojan football program would cooperate fully with the LAPD.

Sanchez took most of the snaps in USC's recently completed spring practice after John David Booty, the quarterback he is in competition with for the starting job next season, was injured.

He was highly sought and was widely considered among the nation's best players at his position after starring for championship football and basketball teams at Mission Viejo High.

These allegations get thrown around so often in the sports community you don't know who to believe. I'll never understand athletes who commit these acts. Given that they can get laid just about any time they want, why force the issue with a woman that isn't interested? Just move on, dude. Plenty more to see...

BUT.... Sometimes they are falsely accused due to their celebrety status. And the accusers always go without punishment. I'll never get that either.

One of Penn State's defensive tackles, Scott Paxson, is currently in a similar ordeal as Mr. Sanchez. He admits to sleeping with his accuser, but contends that she never said "no" nor took any defensive action during their time together.

The plaintiff admits as much, but still is persuing her complaint. In light of the above admission plus other facts coming into focus, the charges have been reduced, but are still felonies.

I guess in any of these incidents, we just pray for the true to come out.

Last edited:
All he had to do was say, "Yes, I'll call you ...." Kidding aside, I read that the gal lives in the same dorm...:yikes: whatever happens, I hope its for the right reasons...

(Meaning, if he did it, he gets it; if he didn't...well, there's no real winner in these cases....:shrug: )

After the way the Duke lacrosse thing has gone down so far, there's good reason to be skeptical of a lot of things on both sides.

Back
Top Bottom