2004 World Series... Red Sox vs. Red Birds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
98 pitches thru 7 innings for Pedro. If he tries to put Pedro out there for the eighth, I hope somebody shoots Francona.

now why do you always have to be such a downer? :wink:

LOL. This reminds me of an SNL sketch, called something like "Debbie Downer".

No! I want the Sox to win tomorrow, in St Louie. Don't let them breath!

Attachments

• ortiz_cardinal1.jpg
    ortiz_cardinal1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Ya know what? After that Yank series, I keep thinking the RS will have to play another serires if they win this one. It's just burned into my brain.

Yes, this is it. You know, only one time in baseball history anyone ever came back from 0-3. I'm trying to remember who that was...

If they did have to wait until game 7, and if the Sox win game 7, they would have broken the curse, on Halloween, in the state famous for witchcraft. It will probably go 7. It's too easy so far.

Chizip said:
ive moved and my internet connection sucks right now so its hard to get in here

im so sick of bandwagon red sox fans and the media i am gonna puke

:up:

well... if... and seeing as we all now know it is is possible for someone to come back from down 3 games, as unlikely as it may be, we still have to say if... the red sox finally do win their long awaited championship, then you can kiss the bandwagon fans and the media attention goodbye and they become simply just another big money team with a championship. the cubs will become the #1 choice of bandwagon jumpers everywhere.

you can be assured that major league baseball is rooting hard for the cardinals to turn the tables and do to the red sox what the red sox did to the yankees... not only for the ratings this year, but for the ratings in the long term. if the red sox finally do win, they'll have their months of celebration, and then what? how do you top the first championship in 86 years? the whole fun for people on the national level was to root for either the red sox to win for the first time or to root for them to lose again in the most agonizing way possible.

i mean hell... people hate the yankees because they spend tons of money, or so that's what everyone always bitches about. well... the red sox spend a ton of money, too. the only difference between the two teams is that the red sox always lose. if they finally win, well... there goes that.

meh... for me personally at least... after the weeks of harrassing phonecalls from my red sox fan friends have ended, the red sox will officialy not matter anymore. which i guess is a relief, 'cause now i'll never have to root for the yankees anymore, which frankly just made me feel dirty.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know some Buddhists who would rather be reincarnated as animals over and over instead of reaching Nirvana.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

:up:

well... if... and seeing as we all now know it is is possible for someone to come back from down 3 games, as unlikely as it may be, we still have to say if... the red sox finally do win their long awaited championship, then you can kiss the bandwagon fans and the media attention goodbye and they become simply just another big money team with a championship. the cubs will become the #1 choice of bandwagon jumpers everywhere.

you can be assured that major league baseball is rooting hard for the cardinals to turn the tables and do to the red sox what the red sox did to the yankees... not only for the ratings this year, but for the ratings in the long term. if the red sox finally do win, they'll have their months of celebration, and then what? how do you top the first championship in 86 years? the whole fun for people on the national level was to root for either the red sox to win for the first time or to root for them to lose again in the most agonizing way possible.

i mean hell... people hate the yankees because they spend tons of money, or so that's what everyone always bitches about. well... the red sox spend a ton of money, too. the only difference between the two teams is that the red sox always lose. if they finally win, well... there goes that.

meh... for me personally at least... after the weeks of harrassing phonecalls from my red sox fan friends have ended, the red sox will officialy not matter anymore. which i guess is a relief, 'cause now i'll never have to root for the yankees anymore, which frankly just made me feel dirty.

yes, that is the only solace i can take in the cardinals losing

and the cubs will be the only true losers left, and thats always a good thing

I desperately want the Sox to lose tonight and tomorrow... we need some excitement in this series, and Boston needs to break the curse at Fenway.

This ump's strike zone is really inconsistent.

Does Fox have a camera watching every establishment where Sox fans might be watching this game?

Back
Top Bottom