2004 World Series... Red Sox vs. Red Birds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
youre going to take renteria over cabrera (1997 ws, i dont need a clutcher hit) and you cant manage to pick edmonds over damon?

damons had ONE good game in the WHOLE playoffs, so that completely contradicts what you just said about rent/cabrera

consistency please

StlElevation said:
youre going to take renteria over cabrera (1997 ws, i dont need a clutcher hit) and you cant manage to pick edmonds over damon?

damons had ONE good game in the WHOLE playoffs, so that completely contradicts what you just said about rent/cabrera

consistency please

Johnny Damon played quite well in the Anaheim series. And after he pounded the Yankees into submission in Game 7, do you really want to be facing Captain Caveman now?

Discount Damon all you want. But he was the major force in the greatest victory in RS history, and the greatest loss in MLB history. Some would call that clutch.

Last edited:
Games 1-6 are what you point to, to say he's not a major threat. Game 7 is what I point to, saying he is a threat. Isn't Matt Morris injured? Anywho. These teams are really evenly matched.

morris isnt injured, but he's been incredibly inconsistant.

carpenter, their best pitcher, has been out all of the post season already but could very well return for the world series. i have yet to see the roster. should be interesting if he does make it.

i really dont see how on earth you would want damon over edmonds...and i like damon. hes a good player. edmonds is a
great player.

the thing that really seperates the cardinals from the yankees, imo, is the bullpen, Particularly ray king and steve kline. if the yankees had them ,then ortiz would have been neutralized in the late innings. the yanks had NO even decent lefty setup man, heridia is awful, and the cardinals have two of the best in the nl in kline and king. thats going to be huge

Multiple sources are reporting that Tim McCarver's mental health is suspicious.

Last edited:
speedracer reporting that StlElevation is smoking crack.

And not sharing.

Oh, and this just in -- PowerSauce is amazing!

Last edited:
Fenway Park just had a moment of silence for Victoria Snelgrove, the coed who was killed during the celebration on Wednesday. That was very classy. :sad:

And now Steven Tyler is singing the National Anthem.

On the gossip watch, Ben Affleck is there with Jennifer Garner. Last year, he was at the ALCS with J-Lo!

In Boston, Timmy Wakefield also did a PSA urging fans to control themselves.

Last edited:
he was safe as safe gets

totally bullshit were the last two strike calls to edmonds

clearly inside

i still dont have a good feeling for this game.

Back
Top Bottom