2004 NHL Playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:sad:

Fuck Ruslan Fedotenko, fuck Vincent LeCavalier, fuck Kerry Fraser (bullshit call with less than 2 minutes left), fuck Nikolai Khabibulin, and fuck whoever reffed Game 6 for that non-call. Oh, and fuck Gary Bettman too for just generally being a dick.

PS: I know in my heart that the Flames won the Cup. That goal was in. Clearly.

Dang. How are my sports predictions always wrong? oh well...I predict the bruins will win the next year the NHL has a season. People here (montreal) seem to have been rooting for the lightning/ are happy. I guess the whole st louis-lecavalier thing...

congrats to the Tampa Bay team.

I am bummed that Calgary couldn't pull it off, but since early on this season, I was really impressed with the line-up TB had. I am a big Martin St. Louis fan! Iginla too (and, being a homer...I must cheer for Leopold).

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Well, that's what Cal-gary gets for beating the Wings, lol. ;)

:laugh:

Seriously, last night's game was really exciting, and the third period was outstanding. My sister doesn't even like hockey, and she was about to fall out of her chair. Congrats to Tampa Bay. :up:

Congrats to Dave Andreychuk. He finally gets his Stanley Cup. Maybe he can retire now on a high note.

:up: to Heartlandgirl's a possible new hockey convert.

I am glad to see the game won by good goals. Sorry Flames, but the goal in game 6 was iffy. Who wants to win the most important Sports Trophey with a goal like that?

As far as that pentalty at the end...St Louis got sandwiched and the penalty was deserved. The game was as good as over by then. It was a non-factor.

The city is going nuts tonight. It's almost like when we won the Super Bowl and the whole city exploded into one big party (which isn't very different from how our city usually operates).
They won more than the Super Bowl.

Lemon Meringue said:
I am glad to see the game won by good goals. Sorry Flames, but the goal in game 6 was iffy. Who wants to win the most important Sports Trophey with a goal like that?

Maybe so, but more importantly, who wants to lose the most important sports trophy like that? :sad:

As far as that pentalty at the end...St Louis got sandwiched and the penalty was deserved. The game was as good as over by then. It was a non-factor.

I disagree, the Flames had lots of pressure going in the last few minutes and that penalty killed the momentum.

It shouldn't have been a penalty. It was a clean hit. It wasn't charging, because to constitute charging the feet must be planted; St. Louis was in full stride. It couldn't have been interference because MSL had the puck previously. It couldn't have been checking from behind because the hit was side-on. It couldn't have been boarding because it wasn't nearly hard enough to be boarding.

It was an iffy penalty and I would NEVER have called it. It was a clean hit, and it calls into question Kerry Fraser's integrity.

Congratulations Tampa Bay.

:up:

It's a deserved victory... considering the dedication that the captaincy and ownership have shown over the course of the past few seasons. Similar in timespan to the Flames rejuvenation effort. My only hope is that both cities maintain their spirit for playoff years to come (and non-playoff years).

:sexywink:

As for the call it was questionnable at best... even though it's a moot point I'll humor Dave: You're right. The infractions you listed couldn't have been calls (although a half a step more and I'd be convinced of the charging minor). St. Louis' cut was an interesting oversight... however, a double minor would have been a more likely result from boarding or high sticking (with what I've seen I don't think either is the case).

The point where we disagree is the disrespect on Fraser. Although I'm sure you've accrued many merit badges in your refereeing tenure, I don't think you (or any of us for that matter) have a place to question the man's integrity.

Koharski on the other hand...

My, my....the Lightening have come a long way since the Brent Gretzky years.

On a related note, here's a trivia question: Which NHL brother combination has produced the most points? There are many combinations to choose from - the Sutters, the Courtnalls, the Gretzkys (albeit, Brent only played in two games I think), and many more.... Anyone know the answer? :sexywink:

I can't imagine the answer.

It always starts with a G, and ends with a why is Michael so obsessed with Wayne...

I think the Hulls will own the record for most points by a family one day.

Pinball Wizard said:
I can't imagine the answer.

It always starts with a G, and ends with a why is Michael so obsessed with Wayne...

I think the Hulls will own the record for most points by a family one day.
To think that two superstars in the all time scoring list can't even approach one man's total!

Do you really think Brett is going to score another 300+ points before he retires?

Hint: it always start with an "n" and ends with a Wayne was clearly not of this world.

:wink:

more or less obnoxious than 2956 "Waynie G" references Griffdawg has made during his tenure at Interference.com?

:D :shifty:

I never realized that The Gretz One could appear in so many posts in FYM and EYKIW!!! Such an important thread in our lives.

Back
Top Bottom