2003/2004 NHL Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gaborik signed!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Gaborik signs new deal with Wild
Dave Campbell, Associated Press

Published November 1, 2003

The Minnesota Wild signed winger Marian Gaborik to a multiyear deal, team spokesman Aaron Sickman said Friday.

Gaborik, a restricted free agent who had rejected previous offers, skated with the team Friday afternoon at the Xcel Energy Center. It was the first time he has practiced with the Wild since the season began.

The signing comes after negotiations appeared to have fallen apart on Monday, as both sides traded angry statements suggesting a long impasse could lie ahead.

Gaborik traveled from his native Slovakia to Minnesota earlier this month and shuffled agents hoping to reach a deal.

But two long, face-to-face meetings with Wild management accomplished nothing, he said in a statement released by his Montreal-based agent at the time.

``I am very disappointed with these developments, especially after last season's successful playoff run,'' Gaborik said at the time.

The Wild advanced to the Western Conference finals last season, the franchise's third.

General manager Doug Risebrough responded by saying the Wild's foundation ``has always been about team first and not one player.

``Gaborik's agents have disrespected the abilities and accomplishments of his teammates and have demanded that Marian be treated differently,'' Risebrough said at the time.

Gaborik, 21, the Wild's first-ever draft pick and only All-Star selection, became a restricted free agent after leading the team with 30 goals in 2002-03, his third NHL season.

The Wild's initial offer to Gaborik - a four-year contract worth $9.5 million, starting at $1.5 million per season - was turned down by agent Allan Walsh in June, and the stalemate began

nick_u2 said:

Its always great to see Detroit lose.

Avalanche rule!

Gotta love the non-sequitor posturing of yet another avalanche fan. What, do you guys have a bloody factory?

: perplexed :

Yeah, Gaborik. Well at least we don't have to talk aboot that anymore.

Yes, we do have a factory. Located deep within the Rocky Mountains, probably somewhere near the Coors Beer run-off.
When I find it, I will destroy it.

I always do my own bomb runs. :up:

The problem won't be destroying the factory, but locating and getting rid of the existing product... :hmm:

You want to get rid of a beer source? Eventhough it's crappy coors...it's still beer. that might be my inner Canadian speaking, but beer is beer...never complain....unless it's warm.

Oh...hockey content.....ummm....Go Oilers!

Actually, just looked up the stats. The Canucks are currently #1 in the NHL. They are also 1st in goals for, and 3rd in goals against. And Philadelphia is not doing as well either, though they have played less games. Tampa Bay also has played less games, but more importantly - their division sucks. I don't think they've even played one semi elite team yet.

Last edited:
Good old piss stain poppy....those were the days....

Battle of Alberta coming up soon....those are always fun, just wish I was going :sad:

BTW Thanks for reminding me about the poppy Cujo...just wouldn't be Canadian if I didn't wear one.

grumpy.jpg

Nice to see Detroit get schooled by Vancouver in a 5-1 shalocking (and see Vancouver tie an NHL record for scoring first in 12 consecutive games from the start of the season) but I have to say Detroit completely sucks now. I believe they'll turn it around because they've got too much talent and experience not to... but tonight they looked like the Buffalo Sabres.

As for Vancouver, another normal game for them. Wins on home ice are to be expected, regardless of opponent. They are now unbeaten in eight games, and if they had won the 2 games they shouldn't have lost (giving each one away in the dying seconds), they'd pretty much have a perfect record right now, except for a couple ties (one of which was also a result of giving away a win in the waning minutes).

They are 1st in the league in points, 1st in goals for (and goals for average), and 2nd in goals against average. What's nice to see is they're leading the NHL in goals despite not getting much scoring from their top line.

Of course, none of this means anything until they win the Cup. For now, they're just the best team in the NHL. Can't wait till the playoffs...

buahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom