10 Years of OK Computer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dudeman said:

ooohhh, i remember this time well.
they played the tibetan freedom concert, then played a super secret show at Irving Plaza in NYC. gave up my tix (d'oh! - i had to get up for another day of the tibetan freedom show) to my closest friend in the whole wide world.

one mr. brau.

he loved it.
i'm sure he'll catch on and fill y'all in.
i didn't totally miss out. december i caught the live from the 10 spot show at Hammerstein Ballroom...bliss.....
great album. the world of music is MUCH better because of it.:drool:

:lmao:

powerhour24 said:

Yeah I'd guess Thom Yorke's more in it for money than for pot :lol:

I've never thought of Radiohead as stoner music :scratch:

Oh yeah! You sit in a room, turn of the lights, and just stare into space, while your brain trys to decipher the cryptic lyrics of OK Computer. Of course you can only really only do it at night. for the day time try listeing to Easy Star All-Stars cover of OK Computer.

OK Computer has always seemed to me to be something of a sequel to Dark Side of the Moon. Both deal with the pressures wrought on ordinary people by a callous, impersonal world, and both take on their subject matter beautifully. For that reason, it surprises me that Roger Waters has said that he wasn't impressed with the record.
In any case, OKC would rank in my personal top 10 list of best-ever albums. Only Climbing up the Walls fails to qualify as a genuinely great song.

COBL_04 said:

I'll do it first :wink:

Too dense for me. Tried to get through it, though I haven't made it past Let Down, which was pretty good.

A really 'meh' :| record for me so far.

You STILL haven't made it to Karma Police? Damn...I know Mr. Brau hates Radiohead, but the songs aren't THAT long. :| :wink:

A splendid album, particularly after the horror that was it's predecessor, The Bends.

Hard to think that this unquestionable 5-star album could be made by the same band who delivered the mediocre Bends.

Anyway, Paranoid Android is one of the great songs full stop and the rest aren't too shabby either.

Exit Music, Airbag, Karma Police, No Surprises, Fitter Happier, Lucky, Climbing Up The Walls are all droolworthy :drool:

Took me about a dozen listens to even find a shred of decency in the album, and now it's impossible for me to find a shred of indecency in this ridiculously quality album.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Crap this makes me feel old. :|

I remember listening to this for the first time and being blown away byt each and every song. I haven't listened to it proper in quite some time, though.

Woah - I was just thinking that as I was scrolling down. There aren't too many albums where I can remember exactly where/when I bought them, and what else was going on around that day. I can with OK Computer, and it just made me feel really old remembering that.

LemonMelon said:

You STILL haven't made it to Karma Police? Damn...I know Mr. Brau hates Radiohead, but the songs aren't THAT long. :| :wink:

It's not that they're that long, I don't care about length, the songs just kinda turned me off I guess :shrug:

cdisantis83 said:
OK Computer has always seemed to me to be something of a sequel to Dark Side of the Moon. Both deal with the pressures wrought on ordinary people by a callous, impersonal world, and both take on their subject matter beautifully. For that reason, it surprises me that Roger Waters has said that he wasn't impressed with the record.

I don't really think that OK Computer, or any Radiohead album, really matches Pink Floyd for grandeur and epicness (or prog-rock pomposity as others would have it, :wink:)

I rarely ever feel like listening to Radiohead in album-sized dozes but yeah, it's a classic, timeless-sounding piece of work with moments of astounding beauty, :up:

Back
Top Bottom