1 Disk Stadium Arcadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImOuttaControl

Refugee
I've heard a lot of people say that Stadium Arcadium should have been cut down to make a fantastic 1 disk album. Now that the album has been out there for a couple weeks, which songs would make the cut on your 1 disk Stadium Arcadium?

I'm working on mine right now. For me, I know Hump de Bump is the first to get the axe... Way too 80's retro (in a bad way for me).

Last edited:
ImOuttaControl said:
For me, I know Hump de Bump is the first to get the axe... Way too 80's retro (in a bad way for me).

:down: :down: :down:

I had thought about making one disc but ultimately I am just amazed that they could make 28 songs of that quality so I decided to leave it alone.

Re: Re: 1 Disk Stadium Arcadium

bsp77 said:

:down: :down: :down:

I had thought about making one disc but ultimately I am just amazed that they could make 28 songs of that quality so I decided to leave it alone.

Yeah, I know what you mean. There are a LOT of great songs on the album. It was easy to cut out the first 4-5 songs, but after that it got really tough.

Okay, here's my 1 Disk album. It was pretty hard to cut the album down this far and some of my favorite were left off...

1. Dani California
2. She's Only 18
3. Charlie
4. Snow
5. Stadium Arcadium
6. Desecration Smile
7. Slow Cheetah
8. Strip My Mind
9. Especially In Michigan
10. Torture Me Baby
11. Tell Me Baby
12. Hard To Concentrate
13. Death of a Martian
14. Wet Sand
15. If (I personally like when albums end with lullabys)

This clocks in at about 66 minutes. The transition between Slow Cheetah and Strip My Mind works great.

Last edited:
Double albums are just cool, plain and simple. In this case, you get a great picture of Jupiter and Mars (wonderful for astronomy buffs), a neat little foldout case that looks great on a bookshelf, and lots of lyrics written over images of fire and jumping band members.

If you want to explore beyond that, and develop some sort of theme, I did find the following on some obscure astrology site...

Mars is the first superior planet, it orbits at a greater distance than the earth from the Sun. For this reason it is considered as representing the urge to separate from home. Much like that of an adolescent, Mars represents our personal journey into the outer world to achieve our goals.

Jupiter is far further out from the Sun than the inner planets and lies on the other side of a major asteroid belt. It is of a different magnitude to the inner planets and represents a different principle. Once the inner planets have been understood and personalised the individual can now deal with collective issues and not lose themselves in the process. For this reason Jupiter is considered less of a personal planet than a planet to do with how we relate to the society we find ourselves in.

shart1780 said:
I dunno. But I disagree that this should have been a single album. I think almost every song on here is really good.

I agree...I've just heard a lot of criticisms saying that RHCP should have put out one fantastic album instead of one very good double album (because there definitely are a few sub-par tracks) so I wondered what a single disk album would have looked like.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the double album...I prefer more songs. Just like the White Album...I love that album but I still can try to wonder what a condensed version would have sounded like and if that version would have been better.

hmmm...it's kinda trippy to think about what it wuold be like if it were a single album cuz the double album is just too cool. kinda the "don't mess with perfection" deal ;]

angelrodevil, thanks for the astrology stuff! i've been trying to decipher the meaning behind naming the two discs that way!

So tough, I can only wittle it down to 16 and I'm still leaving off songs that I really enjoy.

1. Tell Me Baby
2. Dani California
3. Stadium Arcadium
4. Especially in Michigan
5. Snow (Hey Oh)
6. Strip My Mind
7. Warlocks
8. Torture Me
9. Slow Cheetah
10. Hump De Bump
11. 21st Century
12. Hard to Concentrate
13. C'Mon Girl
14. Readymade
15. Desecration Smile
16. Wet sand

Alright, here its goes, but I'm not happy about what I left off. :angry:

1. Dani California
2. Storm in a Teacup
3. Snow (Hey Oh)
4. Charlie
5. Stadium Arcadium
6. Hump de Bump
7. Desecration Smile
8. Tell Me Baby
9. 21st Century
10. Hard to Concentrate
11. Readymade
12. Make You Feel Better
13. Especially in Michigan
14. Turn It Again
15. Wet Sand

IamOuttaControl wrote:
1. Dani California
2. She's Only 18
3. Charlie
4. Snow
5. Stadium Arcadium
6. Desecration Smile
7. Slow Cheetah
8. Strip My Mind
10. Torture Me Baby
11. Tell Me Baby
12. Hard To Concentrate
13. Death of a Martian
14. Wet Sand

i like your tracklist, but i would rather add C'MON GIRL

my faves at the moment are TELL ME BABY, WET SAND, DESECRATION SMILE

^God, Desecration Smile contains lyrics that I just feel. "All alone not by myself," "I love the feeling when it falls apart," and "I'm slow to finish but I'm quick to start," are all so true.

another great addition would be MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ( i really like that driving click-track) & ANIMAL BAR :up:

01. Dani California
02. She's Only 18
03. Charlie
04. Snow
05. Stadium Arcadium
06. Desecration Smile
07. Slow Cheetah
08. Strip My Mind
09. Especially In Michigan
10. Torture Me Baby
11. Tell Me Baby
12. Hard To Concentrate
13. Death of a Martian
14. Wet Sand
15. C'mon Girl
16. Animal Bar
17. Make You Feel Better
18. If

It's a great album, and this is the best I can do.

1 // Dani California
2 // Hump de Bump
3 // 21st Century
4 // Snow (Hey Oh)
5 // Charlie
6 // Stadium Arcadium
7 // Tell Me Baby
8 // Wet Sand
9 // If
10 // Desecration Smile
11 // C'mon Girl
12 // Make You Feel Better
13 // Hard to Concentrate
14 // Hey
15 // Animal Bar
16 // So Much I
17 // Storm in a Teacup
18 // Death of a Martian

1:19:49

1 Dani California
2 Snow (Hey Ho)
3 Charlie
4 Stadium Arcadium
5 Slow Cheetah
6 Torture Me
7 Especially In Michigan
8 C'Mon Girl
9 Wet Sand
10 Hey
11 Desecration Smile
12 Tell Me Baby
13 21st Century
14 If
15 Storm In A Teacup

ImOuttaControl said:
Okay, here's my 1 Disk album. It was pretty hard to cut the album down this far and some of my favorite were left off...

1. Dani California
2. She's Only 18
3. Charlie
4. Snow
5. Stadium Arcadium
6. Desecration Smile
7. Slow Cheetah
8. Strip My Mind
10. Torture Me Baby
11. Tell Me Baby
12. Hard To Concentrate
13. Death of a Martian
14. Wet Sand

This clocks in at about 66 minutes. The transition between Slow Cheetah and Strip My Mind works great.

Wow. I'd have been so disappointed with that album in comparison to what we got.

I tried my tracklisting again, and it sucks.

It's pretty much impossible to do Stadium Awesomium justice with 1 cd's worth of material.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I tried my tracklisting again, and it sucks.

It's pretty much impossible to do Stadium Awesomium justice with 1 cd's worth of material.

They really did make the right decision in releasing it as a double album. At first I was convinced that there was no way a double album could be a good thing. "Come on, so much filler." After listening to the songs and trying to eliminate some, it's impossible.
Kudos to the band for the doing the right but risky thing.

Back
Top Bottom