U2's New Musical Direction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggie Thee Dog

Blue Crack Addict
I just read a USA Today article on the @U2 website and in it Edge says that "Electrical Storm" is a hint of the musical direction that they are headed in. He also says that the song itself was a slower tempo than he wants to work with and write. I find that encouraging for the hard core U2 Rock crowd who post here.

I myself would love to hear Edge incorporate some War/Acthung Baby guitarwork into the next album. I love ATYCLB, but a lot of songs are mid-tempo (not a completely bad thing, mind you), and I really dig their faster tempo songs. Give me something similiar to God Part II!! I especially love the songs where the Edge cuts loose (see the guitar solo on UTEOTW).

I know that U2 rarely produces the sound they state they may be working on, but I have a feeling this album might follow the same path as the Foo Fighters latest. A softer/Pop album followed by a harder/edgier album. You think?

I think you're right, we're do for a harder album and I think the boys keep on stating that the direction may change once they get back in the studio to cover their butts incase it does, but I do think we'll get a cross between War and Achtung Baby which will be one of their greatest ever and burn up the charts, hopefully sometime next year bc I'm ready!

skygirl said:
cd's due out, jan or feb 2004. crew is already being assembled to tour early 2004--tight!

How do you know this information? I've heard similar grumblings, but that's from more close observers....

Hopefully late 2003, but early 2004 with a tour starting spring or summer 2004 sounds about right. I'd say they wouldn't tour for 3-4 months after the cd's release.

My guess is Oct/Nov 2003 before next year's xmas shopping season similar to ATYCLB.

i will ask again

i will ask again, but i'm quite sure i heard february. if you recall, bono wanted to extend the last tour ,yet again, but larry put his foot down. we were very lucky to get another u.s. leg as it was. so "someone" has an itch to tour, doesn't he??? don't be surprised, that's all. the summer 2003, might be stadiums that they originally wanted to do, but didn't . cya

well, i coulda been a little hard on larry, it seems that they all wanted to finish the ATYCLB tour, i did talk to my friend and while nothing's set in stone about the tour possibilities, they could be in rehearsals as early as february, not starting a tour then. they won't rush anything and put out a crap cd or take a chance on another (popmart) just to go out on tour. i still have a wait and see attitude myself as they have notably in the past put a bit more space between tours.this seems rather quick, but maybe it's best to strike while the iron is hot so to speak. ill keep ya posted as i hear it.k?

Back
Top Bottom