(12-22-2003) Bono Parties Hard with Justin - ShowBiz Ireland *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
shaun vox said:
bono has gone from a rock&roll singer to a fucking joke!go to a real rock&roll show!
poor edge,adam and larry have to suffer.
its no like im a hard core u2 fan any more not with a album like atyclb! and bono is still f ing around while they are making an album, his mind is not on the album

you cant sit in the same studio with same people for an entire album recording....
for all we know the album might be finished! (thats unlikley)

also for all we know edge, larry and adam all might be to use your words f ing around too there just not in the spotlight as much as Bono is

Last edited:
biff said:
I agree with you Tiaragurl. An evening out with the family is being portrayed as a sleepover with Satan. Can't the guy just have fun, without all the moral baggage?

No kidding. Look, if his daughter likes Justin, that's her choice. She is allowed to. She's at the age where most girls are into that sort of music anyway-hell, back when I was that age, I was listening to all the pop music out there. There's no shame in that. And if she is a Justin fan, just because she listens to him, that doesn't automatically mean that she doesn't listen to any rock music-geez, my 15 year old sister listens to everything from A Teens to Bon Jovi to Eric Clapton to the Stones. Having a variety in musical interests is a good thing.

I'm not a Justin fan by any means. But that's just me. I will say that Justin's album is a perfect pop album-it does what it should for the people who listen to that kind of music. And if people enjoy his album, great.

Seriously, people, calm down, just because he brings his daughter to a concert (which, ya know, is part of being a good parent-taking your kids to concerts by artists that you yourself may not enjoy much), that doesn't mean that he's automatically going to collaborate with Justin anytime soon. Besides, news things tend to exaggerate bits of stories from time to time-Bono may have not even talked to Justin at all that night, but just because he was there with his daughter, the news people automatically assume that they were hanging out together or something.

And yertle made an excellent point-Bono's collaborated with pop artists from time to time since the early 80s-Band Aid had some pop artists there, the Live Aid concert had some, the Artists Against Apartheid thing, and so on and so forth. And look-it hasn't hurt them any, has it?

Anywho, see, this is why I was afraid of getting flamed when I said that Beyonce and Bono's voices at that 46664 concert sounded good together, because of this kind of reaction.

Angela

A couple of the posts in this thread have made mention of "poor Edge" somehow suffering and being tainted through his association with the dodgy and poor taste choices of Bono. They might want to re-read the original news item, which made it clear that Edge also attended this Hitlerian pop offering.
The album is finished, it's Christmas, they're having fun. Lighten up!

oh my god biff your right!
its christmas lets all go to a britney spears concert... then well go to a backstreet boys gig. then to j lo's show:drool:

im now thinking that bono and (edge:huh:) went to this show just to piss people off(in a good way) they knew this will be in the news(online) they like doing this.(i hope im true if not:( :( :( )their new album will be out so they are just stirring things up by going to a joke show like justin's. i bet they were the only guys there hahahahaha.

all you jt lovers go get a room:wink:
i would rather go to a hillary duff show.
not to a jt show even if it were for free.
if people say they dont mind shit like jt then its fine for me and 1 or 2 others to say that his music is garbage!

as long there are people like me ther will be rock&roll even if you all out number me!:mad: :madspit:

yertle-the-turtle said:
you know who shaun vox reminds me of?

"put them in the iron maiden!"
"iron maiden! dude! EXCELLENT!"

:huh: :huh: :huh:

actuall i think my musical tastes have changed , some one told me that i now listen to loud music, you know loud guitars and hight singing notes just kick arsss.
(maby because i play guitar and sing?)

if its too loud your too old man!

Leeloo said:
This fraternizing and collaborating with trash so far beneath them is a disgrace to the name of U2.

If Justin makes an appearance with U2 anytime soon we'll talk in the meantime I stand by my original statement as I am sure you will stand by yours.

I agree with angela and others he is a parent he is doing the right thing just because the news says they were hanging out together doesn't mean they were.

If he were doing the right thing as a parent he'd discourage interest in Justin Timberlake and buy her a better CD or take her to a better show instead. That's what I did. I have 2 nieces who USED to like boy bands, thank God they outgrew it by age 9 or 10! Even though I knew they liked them I never condoned it or added to it by buying them shit associated with it. I bought them better quality songs to improve their taste.

If Justin went to a U2 show, that would be the opposite, that is a totally different story than U2 going to his.

I can only HOPE that they all went to the show only for a laugh, though I would consider it more torture than entertainment. I have lost a measure of respect for them for doing this. No one on their level of cool, or the level I had them but I was wrong, would ever be caught dead at a fucking Justin Timberlake show.

Shaun Vox can rock on, the man is cool:up:

Last edited:
So, once an artist reaches a certain level, he is supposed to turn into a snob and only associate with people on his "level?" And he should dictate what music his kids like????

Bono is a man, not God. He's not "above" or "better" than anyone. For crying out loud, the guy can't even see a show and have a drink afterward without his motives being analyzed.

Bono's American Wife said:
So, once an artist reaches a certain level, he is supposed to turn into a snob and only associate with people on his "level?" And he should dictate what music his kids like????

Exactly.

Sorry, Leeloo, but a parent has no business dictating what their kids should like as far as music goes. That's a choice the child has every right to make. If his daughter likes Justin's music, then so be it. Who knows, she may "outgrow" it someday on her own. And yet again, like I said, if she is a Justin fan, that doesn't automatically mean that she doesn't like rock music-you don't know what else she listens to besides Justin. I once again must refer to my sister, who loves Justin's CD, and yet also likes a lot of classic rock artists. And look at all the adults here, too, who like Justin's music, and yet still like other stuff.

Your taste in music doesn't have to be everyone's taste in music. I don't care for disco music at all, but I don't look down on those who listen to it, and I don't try and change their musical preferences to suit mine. That would seem rather arrogant. You'd hate it if someone tried to change your musical tastes to suit theirs, so why do you think that that's what Bono should do for his daughter?

As long as the music a person listens to makes them happy, that's all that matters. Who it is they listen to is highly unimportant. Music snobbery is just plain silly.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
Bono is a man, not God. He's not "above" or "better" than anyone. For crying out loud, the guy can't even see a show and have a drink afterward without his motives being analyzed.

Really.

Angela

This thread started off as a little news piece about Bono, Edge and their families going to a Justin Timberlake show and has turned somewhat ugly with harsh attacks on Bono's (and his children's) musical tastes, and critiques of U2's work ethic. To keep this from going any further, I am closing this thread.

If you are or are not a JT fan and would like to discuss that, go to Just the Bang and the Clatter. If you would like to discuss the current state of U2's next album go to the Where the Album Has No Name subforum in Everything You Know is Wrong.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom