(12-14-2002) Ashley Judd Rescues Bono - Teen Hollywood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.teenhollywood.com/

Ashley Judd Rescues Bono
December 14, 2002

Irish rocker Bono's visit to a university resulted in a sticky situation when the star couldn't carry out his expected duties - because he's scared of heights.

The Beautiful Day singer showed up at the University of Nebraska to help hang a quilt on the side of the main campus building, which highlights the spread of AIDS.

But as he approached the ladder and was handed nails by a student, the politically-active singer froze with the realisation he'd have to combat his fear and scale heights.

Luckily, his pal Ashley Judd was there. The fearless stunner charged to the top of the 15-foot ladder in her high heels while Bono hovered below.

Judd joked from above, "Oh good. I can act out my favourite fantasy...'Bono, save me!'"

Bono?? Afraid of heights?? With all of the high balcony edges he used to walk on and the scaffolding he used to climb?? :lol:

Bonochick said:
Bono?? Afraid of heights?? With all of the high balcony edges he used to walk on and the scaffolding he used to climb?? :lol:

Yeah, really.

Man, he must have been absolutely petrified when he was on top of that angel statue in the "Stay" video, then, too (not that I'd blame him-I don't really have a fear of heights, but...my god, that was an awfully high thing to be on!).

I had no idea he was afraid of heights. Heh. Interesting.

Angela

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Somehow...
I'm having a hard time believing this...
Cuz at the red rocks show...that thing he was standing on during Electric Co. was waaaay more than 15 feet!!
But I sympathyze....heights...especially ladders freak me out:crack:

You should see what BONO did at US Festival 1983, he climbed all the way on top of the stage roof! This was a huge stadium size stage for a festival. He did this at a lot of festivals in 1982/1983. He was a huge dare devil during Electric CO. all the time back then. Then there is the stage diving as well.

I also find it hard to believe that Bono is afraid of heights. I'm the Acrophobic From Hell. I don't see how he climbed that scaffolding or anything afraid of heights.........good grief.

WHATEVER!!!

Did ya'll notice where the article came from? It says http://www.teenhollywood.com/. I think it might have been a teenager who wrote the article. The person obviously didn't do his/her homework!

Like STING2 said...there is no way he can be afraid of heights! He's probably afraid of the insurance company and/or he signed an agreement in which he can not do anymore climbing due to the fact that it might damage his carrier and the life of U2 as we speak!

I remember reading this...

`I think I completely lost myself at various points and became an utter madman. That US festival thing. I climbed to the very top of the stage, it was like hundreds of feet up, and walked across the top of it on the canvas, and the canvas ripped. God! I can't watch that! I don't know who that person is. I don't know who it is climbing up there. I'm afraid of heights anyway.'
-Bono, January 1985

I think things like that get worse with age as well. Just like when you're a kid, you can ride the merry-go-round for hours but when you're in your twenties and try it, you feel a little sick. :huh:

Maybe fallin' off the stage on this last tour was the last straw for him...no more heights for Bono! :D

Bono's fear of heights.

Moonlit_Angel said:

Yeah, really.

Man, he must have been absolutely petrified when he was on top of that angel statue in the "Stay" video, then, too (not that I'd blame him-I don't really have a fear of heights, but...my god, that was an awfully high thing to be on!).

I had no idea he was afraid of heights. Heh. Interesting.

Angela

Come on Moonlit he wasn't really on that statue. It's trick photography. They take a digital shot of the statue and a shot of Bono and they digitally put the Bono shot into the statue.

Back
Top Bottom