(11-30-2002) U2's Beautiful Day Earns Low Ratings - Zap2It

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://tv.zap2it.com/

NBC Comes Out Ahead on Friday
Sat, Nov 30, 2002 10:05 AM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Fast National ratings for Friday, Nov. 22, 2002

Thanks to "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," NBC won Friday night with a 6.9 rating/13 share in households even though it only took the final hour of primetime. CBS was second with a 4.9/9, followed by ABC, 4.5/8 and FOX, 2.2/4

Among adults 18 to 49, NBC also led with a 4.1 rating. ABC averaged a 2.4, CBS 1.9 and FOX 1.4.

CBS started things off at 8 p.m. with "48 Hours Investigates" surgical procedures to lose weight (just in time for the holidays), 6.5/12. NBC was second with its movie "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie," 6.0/11, while ABC came in third with "America's Funniest Home Videos," 5.2/10. FOX rounded out the top four with "The Brady Bunch in the White House," 2.3/5.

At 9 p.m., "Hack" held on to CBS' lead with a 6.0/11, ahead of the Muppets on NBC, 5.4/10. ABC went the comedic route with "The Drew Carey Show," 3.3/6, and "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" 2.9/5. FOX stuck with its movie, 2.1/4.

NBC's "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," 9.3/18, was the night's highest-rated show and easily won the 10 p.m. hour. "20/20" gave ABC a boost to second place with a 5.3/10, enough to beat "U2's Beautiful Day," 2.3/5, on CBS.

the time slot was not very good, the demographic of U2 fans is pretty broad, but generally Friday night television is geared toward pre-teens and people older that 45.

It's CBS's fault!!!

I personally gave the evening a C+. It wasn't U2's fault! I blame CBS! All of those commercials just chopped it up too much. It was so hard to stay with the mood of the show. Just when I got into it with a tear in my eye after Bono crying out, there was a f___ing commercial!!! That was the most mood swings that I have ever had in one hour! I'm not saying that I didn't love the show, I DID! It's just that showing it on regular TV just didn't do it justice! I would have much rather perferred it on DVD uncut!

Back
Top Bottom