(10-21-03) Slane DVD Now On Pre-Sale -- Amazon.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Go Home -- Live From Slane Castle Pre-Orders Now Being Taken

Amazon.com currently has two versions of "U2 Go Home -- Live From Slane Castle" availabile on pre-order. The first is a limited edition though no details are offered as to special features, packaging etc. The second is the standard edition. Both are due for release on Nov. 18 in the US (Nov. 17 ROW).

The Amazon.com review for the standard edition is...

Filmed on the 1st September 2001, U2 Go Home is the first ever release to feature U2 playing to a home crowd in Ireland.

Following an 80 date sell-out world tour, U2 headed home for two extraordinary outdoor shows at Slane Castle in Ireland, where the band played to more than 160,000 people.

This homecoming concert will be released on DVD by Universal Island Records on November 17th.

U2 Go Home charts an emotional return for the band: in 1984 it was at Slane Castle where the band had recorded their landmark fourth album, an event which was captured in The Unforgettable Fire documentary. The documentary is released with the new DVD, re-mastered and re-graded for the first time.

The Elevation shows also marked the 20th anniversary of the band's first appearance at Slane, supporting another legendary Irish rock band Thin Lizzy, at the inaugural Slane Castle Festival.

The new DVD includes a bonus track, and DVD ROM special features include U2 calendar, screensavers and weblinks plus three songs shot on 'Spincam' allowing the viewer an interactive, 360 degree view of the concert.

Limited Edition
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ref=sr_1_2/104-4617530-7102353?v=glance&s=dvd

Regular Edition
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ref=sr_1_7/104-4617530-7102353?v=glance&s=dvd

Thanks Kelly!

Last edited:
Could you imagine if the extra on the limited edition was something like maybe a clip of a song off the new ablum, or video of them recording the new ablum or something like that?

Well, U2.com says one version is "Jewel Case" and the other is "Digi Pack". I don't know about differences in content...

I'm such a dork and I'll probably get the limited edition PLUS the regular edition just because it's U2!! Can't wait till next Tuesday!!

Back
Top Bottom