(10-08-03) New Album: ?In The Home Straight? - U2.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salomeU2000

The Fly
'There's only one reason for U2 to put an album out right now,' Bono tells The Sun. 'It has to be a monster, a dragon, and this is.'

Speaking at the Dublin unveiling of his paintings for Peter and the Wolf, Bono said that the band's work on the new album is 'nearly finished.'

'We're nearly finished ? we're in the home straight. There's only one reason for U2 to put an album out right now ? it has to be a monster, a dragon, and this is.
'It's filled with big tunes and it's driven by a guitar player who is sick of the sight of me shaking hands with dodgy politicians. The anger is unbelievable.'

Earlier in the summer, he described the new recording as evidence that the band are 'getting closer to making the music we have always wanted to make.'

The Edge has described the band's latest music as 'very Raw, Rock 'n' Roll'.

And Edge, explains Bono, is the driving force in the studio at present.
?The Edge is the most gifted guitar player of his generation ? that's obvious. He's driving it and he's going, 'This is enough, if I see one more photo of you with a dodgy politician I'm going to throw up.'

In an extensive interview with Dominic Mohan, Bono also talks about the death of his father two years ago, his ongoing campaigning work on behalf of the poorest countries and his enjoyment at being able to return to painting. "I used to paint long before I dreamed of putting on wraparound shades and selling tunes for U2."

Read the whole article here
www.thesun.co.uk

Buy the Peter and the Wolf CD and book illustrated with Bono's paintings here
www.peterwolf.org

All profits go to the Irish Hospice Foundation.

Read this actual story at U2.com

Well God Damn...........

I get on here like I normally do and there is never anything about the new album. Sure, I get my fill on Bono's political escapades, Peter and the Wolf, and some broad who is selling a book to make an easy buck, but there is never what I'm really looking for....information from the band about the progress of the album.

So it came as a huge surprise to me when straight out of Bono's mouth, he says they're nearly finished. Oh man....I hope they finish in time for a spring release. My day has gotten a little better (and it will continue to do so.....I called in to work today :yes: )

Interesting to see what this will be....what was their last release, "Electrical Storm?" The transformation from ATYCLB to this new album should be interesting (hopefully, making that good). I wonder how U2 has changed musically this time around. I do care much less about Bono than any member of the band. I guess singers are never my favorites...it's all about the Edge.

Wow! Great info.
In that Sun article, Bono also describes U2's fans at their concerts as some of "my closest friends"...that is the way that he thinks of U2's supporters.
Very gracious, and pretty cool.

Last edited:
:hyper: Almost done!!!

I love that Edge will throw up if there's one more picture with a dodgy politician. :laugh:

If the guys are excited about this new album It HAS to be awesome!!! Now the waiting is going to get rough!! It will all be worth it when this new album comes out!! I'm a happy U2 fan right now!!

Yeah! Great that the new album is almost ready! And it seems that the guys will be more rock and roll then they ever were. I'm sure it will sound great. I'm also hoping for a new tour in Europe?

I am foaming at the mouth waiting for this album. R.E.M.'S "In Time" should hold me over until it is released.

2004 = U2's year

Back
Top Bottom