(10-07-03) No FCC Action Vs. Bono Over Naughty Word -- Hollywood Reporter *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being an American and hearing Bono say that on the air live before 9pm was first of all shocking (covering up mouth saying HOLY SHIT!) and busting out laughing a second later because he was such a character on stage and knowing he was going to get an ass whippin' the next morning from somebody.

I agree that it shouldn't have been the ordeal that it's turned out to be, but that is just the American way. You have to live here to understand the bullshit that goes on around here. There are bible thumpers and wanna-be's (bigots) that have a hissy fit over something like this and wind up making it a bigger deal than what it really is. And after they do, they don't realize that they have now sparked the younger one's interest in what Bono said, when it would have been easier to just let it go.

It's too bad that the people in the other time zones didn't get to hear it live like we did. I think it was bleeped out for the Pacific time zone and maybe even the Mountain time zone too.

Hearing Bono say "FUCKING" on live public TV - Priceless

Moonlit_Angel said:
Which is fine, because, as you've probably guessed by now, I'm very opinionated on this issue, and love debating it with people. :).
I think that you find a very nice balance between defending your opinions and being open-minded enough to consider the opinions of others.
If everyone listened as much as they talked the way that you do, I think that there would be much less strife in the world. :up:

Allegra said:
Being an American and hearing Bono say that on the air live before 9pm was first of all shocking (covering up mouth saying HOLY SHIT!) and busting out laughing a second later because he was such a character on stage and knowing he was going to get an ass whippin' the next morning from somebody.

I agree that it shouldn't have been the ordeal that it's turned out to be, but that is just the American way. You have to live here to understand the bullshit that goes on around here. There are bible thumpers and wanna-be's (bigots) that have a hissy fit over something like this and wind up making it a bigger deal than what it really is. And after they do, they don't realize that they have now sparked the younger one's interest in what Bono said, when it would have been easier to just let it go.

It's too bad that the people in the other time zones didn't get to hear it live like we did. I think it was bleeped out for the Pacific time zone and maybe even the Mountain time zone too.

Hearing Bono say "FUCKING" on live public TV - Priceless

It wasn't bleeped out in my area...I got a kick out of it, too. My parents were surprised that it wasn't censored where we lived.

And Bono is definitely a character...but that's one reason why I like him so much. :D.

Originally posted by TheFirstBigW
I think that you find a very nice balance between defending your opinions and being open-minded enough to consider the opinions of others.
If everyone listened as much as they talked the way that you do, I think that there would be much less strife in the world. :up:

:). Thanks.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom