(10-04-2002) New Book on U2 Due in December - Kite Publishing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.kite-publishing.com/

Cover%20U2%20Boek.JPG

From the Kite site:

U2 2000-2002 ELEVATE ME HERE!
This documentary of U2 in the new Millennium is planned for publishing on the 2nd of December 2002. If you give your pre-order by filling in the form on the pre-order page, you will receive a discount of 3 Euro/ 3 Dollar. Profits of the book will be donated to Amnesty International and DATA

U2 2000-2002 is a documentary about all that U2 left behind in this period of time... think of how they were in the news, their Award winnings, new albums, Bono's efforts in the Drop The Debt Cam-paign, Jubilee 2000 and DATA, their Promo tour and the Elevation Tour, lyrics and more. For the Ele-vation Tour we can reveal you that each concert is a chapter on its own with a complete description of the concert, Bono's exact quotes during the shows, photography. Some of them are completed with an additional fan story of people who managed to get on stage, had a meeting or just their point of view.

Book size 210mm x 297mm
Number of pages 272
Full color pages 16
Concert chapters 131
News pages 25"

To read an excerpt, visit: http://www.kite-publishing.com/example.pdf

Thanks to: U2SavesTheWorld!

Last edited:
Is there any truth to the rumor that Diamond has a page dedicated to him?

Peace to all!!!!

HAHA!!!!

I just got my copy of this book today, and I am so excited because my story about meeting Bono and 2 pics are on page 46!!! There is the pic from my profile along with a pic of Adam signing my cousins' shirt! They titled it "My U2 Obsession" :huh::lol:
Anyone else have this book yet? There are sooooo many cool stories in there, this will keep me up all weekend! There are pages dedicated to every show on the Elevation tour, along with b&w pics, setlists, multiple fans' stories from meeting U2 or being on stage, or just their experience at the shows,....Awesome!
I think I saw Melpops' story on page 70-71!!!
I am looking for Diamonds story now!

Wow, you guys are famous! I'd forgotten about this book...mayhaps I'll have to snare a copy!

oooh, i missed this thread before...

that's fantastic someone put this book together!!

too cool, U2SJ, your story's there :). (BTW, i have some meet and greet photos from the SJ show, when i dig them up i'll send them out)

another $20 out the window...

U2SJ said:
I just got my copy of this book today, and I am so excited because my story about meeting Bono and 2 pics are on page 46!!! There is the pic from my profile along with a pic of Adam signing my cousins' shirt! They titled it "My U2 Obsession" :huh::lol:
Anyone else have this book yet? There are sooooo many cool stories in there, this will keep me up all weekend! There are pages dedicated to every show on the Elevation tour, along with b&w pics, setlists, multiple fans' stories from meeting U2 or being on stage, or just their experience at the shows,....Awesome!
I think I saw Melpops' story on page 70-71!!!
I am looking for Diamonds story now!

Did you submit your story to be included in the book? I just checked out your profile, what a wonderful experience!

BostonAnne said:

Did you submit your story to be included in the book? I just checked out your profile, what a wonderful experience!
Yes, I got an email from them asking if I wanted to contribute to their book, then I forgot all about it and a few days before they printed it they wrote me again, so I quickly wrote a short version of my experience....(the long one is in PLEBA-Band Meetings)
Diamonds' stories are not in there, cuz he didn't submit his story in time.....sorry diamond

U2SJ said:

Yes, I got an email from them asking if I wanted to contribute to their book, then I forgot all about it and a few days before they printed it they wrote me again, so I quickly wrote a short version of my experience....(the long one is in PLEBA-Band Meetings)
Diamonds' stories are not in there, cuz he didn't submit his story in time.....sorry diamond

Wow! I just read your story in full - and it's just so wonderful! I hope that your story being in the book will find you a picture too!

Does Providence, October 30, 2001 mention Bono meeting my daughter?

Ahhhhhhhh, BostonAnne is this about your daughter?????

Page 200
Bad is a song about addictions, different kind of addictions'
At some stage in the song, Bono goes to the rear of the stage and climbs up to the loge section. It looks as if he is trying to reach a little girl, maybe 9 or 10 years old. She is standing in the front row with her parents. He sings "I'm not sleeping and then asks her "What's your name.....what's your name?" She screams "I love you" into the microphone. He blesses the girl with a little prayer, saying "I want to make a prayer, a prayer for these times we are living in, that they pass quickly and get on with the next chapters of our life's....when America and Europe are saved amd where the rest of the world is not living on a dollar a day. That is our prayer" Later in the song he returns to kiss the girls hand.

That is written in the summary of the show, about 8 paragraphs in...
I truely do love this book, not only cuz I am in it, but it is ALL about the fans. Its like reading the fun stories we all read here on Interference, for every show of the tour.... its great!!!

BostonAnne- I :heart: your story, I had read it once before, and just did again and it is so awesome, only Bono would go back behind the stage seats and do something like that:hug: and your daughter sounds adorable, thats very cool that you got a video of it and pics! I am hopeful that one day I will come across someone that was in San Jose that day, and I will find some more pics....

So I was so excited cuz while reading more of the book last night, I see this photo that looked rather familiar from LA1, and next to it, is my name!!! It is the picture I took of Courtney from Exit onstage with Bono, and it made the book in 2 spots, once in color in the middle of the book, and again on page 210 with Courtney's story .... I didn't send it in, I guess Courntey did, so what a cool surprise to have one of my LA photos printed in the book!:yes::hyper:

Diamond- I read the entire section on Boston now, and you will be happy to hear that there is a little tidbit about ya on page 82 after all! (Last night I didnt catch it cuz the book is outlined 1/2 fan stories and 1/2 the authors' takes on the shows....)This is the last paragraph of the Boston 4 review:

Walk On is not for Aung San Suu Kyi this time but for obviously for Ray Bourque as Bono screams "Thirty seconds for Ray Bourque. Ray Bourque is gonna walk on this evening. Come on Ray. Come on Ray! Free Ray Bourque!" A fan makes it onstage. The crew man tackles the fan and pulls him away. Bono goes to the crew member who had taken him down. He pulls him off the fan and takes the fan to the microphone on the center stage. He hugs the fan and the fan answers it by cradling Bono, lifting him up and spinning him around. Then the guy puts Bono back on the ground, walks around the heart shaped stage and disapppears into the audience "Big guy made of steel" sings Bono. The crowd gets really excited about this!

:yes: you are in the book too :)

And it quickly mentions your girls on page 219

At the end of the song Bono spots two children and takes them onstage and directs them right in front of the microphone.

U2SJ said:
And it quickly mentions your girls on page 219

At the end of the song Bono spots two children and takes them onstage and directs them right in front of the microphone.
cool
thanks Marisa.

Dave
:)

U2SJ said:
BostonAnne- I :heart: your story, I had read it once before, and just did again and it is so awesome, only Bono would go back behind the stage seats and do something like that:hug: and your daughter sounds adorable, thats very cool that you got a video of it and pics! I am hopeful that one day I will come across someone that was in San Jose that day, and I will find some more pics....

So I was so excited cuz while reading more of the book last night, I see this photo that looked rather familiar from LA1, and next to it, is my name!!! It is the picture I took of Courtney from Exit onstage with Bono, and it made the book in 2 spots, once in color in the middle of the book, and again on page 210 with Courtney's story .... I didn't send it in, I guess Courntey did, so what a cool surprise to have one of my LA photos printed in the book!:yes::hyper:

Have you posted in Zootopia's tour folders that you are looking for pictures? There is a folder for each show. I don't think many people go into that part of the discussion board, but what ever you post there will stay permanently.

That is so cool that your photo was used and you didn't even know it was going to. What a neat surprise! I would love to see Exit someday, that is a such an awesome story too!

Back
Top Bottom