(09-18-2002) Bono Joins the Stones Onstage, Gains Weight - Star98.7FM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.star987.com/

Bono Joins the Stones Onstage, Gains Weight

u2_bono_JedJacobsohn.jpg

Fauzia Arain - Clear Channel News

The approximately 5,000 people in attendance at Monday's (September 16) Rolling Stones gig at the Aragon Theatre in Chicago knew they were in for a treat.

What they didn't know is that they'd get second helpings.

The Stones ripped through about half of the night's set when an unannounced guest sauntered onto the stage. The crowd took a few seconds before realizing that they had been graced with the company of U2's lead singer, Bono. Sources in attendance note that the crooner's noticeable weight gain (an estimated 20 to 30 pounts) may have been the reason for the delayed response.

The Irish rock icon joined Stones singer Mick Jagger in belting out some of the hit song "It's Only Rock and Roll." The two were reportedly in great spirits the entire time, embracing each other and smiling with enjoyment.

Bono was in Chicago to appear on Oprah the following day. The singer, well-known for his charitable efforts around the world, is speaking on Oprah about the plight against hunger in developing nations. The show was set to air on Friday (September 20).

Thank you, AllIWantIS!!

Photo Copyright Getty Images

Last edited:
Bono baby........noooooooooooooo

I had a BAD day yesterday, sugar -craving, cupboard full of birthday treats, home alone!!!!
I'm glad you posted this and I read it today....thanks Angel U Angel.
I hope it's not a medication side-effect, just been tucking into wedding cakes lately and I'm sad to say, for me to lose weight i have virtually had to give up....EVERYTHING...including alcohol.

Walk on, be strong B-man

WTF? Thats so stupid that person thinks that the reason why they didnt reconize Bono was because he gained weight! He doesnt look like he did, He looks great!:mad:

Last edited:
how....y'know...this is BONO......only one of the most famous people in the entire world, and people didn't rcignise him coz he 'put on a few pounds'!!! whats going on??!!!

Back
Top Bottom