(09-03-2002) U2's 'Best Of 1990-2000' To Feature Two New Tracks - LAUNCH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://launch.yahoo.com/

NEWS - U2's 'Best Of 1990-2000' To Feature Two New Tracks
09/03/2002

3494283.jpg

(9/3/02, 2 p.m. ET) -- U2: Best Of 1990-2000, the second of U2's greatest-hits collections, will be released by Interscope Records on November 5. The album follows the band's multiplatinum first volume, U2: The Best Of 1980-1990, which came out in 1998.

The set will feature two new tracks, including "Electrical Storm," which will be the album's first single. The other new track, "The Hands That Built America," will also appear on the soundtrack to the upcoming Martin Scorsese movie, The Gangs Of New York. The music video for "Electrical Storm" features Oscar-nominated actress Samantha Morton (Minority Report) and is directed by longtime U2 photographer Anton Corbijn.

U2: Best Of 1990-2000 comprises 16 tracks culled from the albums Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1, Pop, and All That You Can't Leave Behind. In addition, producer Mike Hedges reworked "Discotheque," "Gone," "Numb," and "Staring At The Sun" for the collection.

The album's complete tracklisting includes "Even Better Than The Real Thing"; "Mysterious Ways"; "Beautiful Day"; "Electrical Storm" (William Orbit Mix); "One"; "Miss Sarajevo"; "Stay (Faraway, So Close!)"; "Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of"; "Gone (new mix)"; "Until The End Of The World"; "The Hands That Built America"; "Discotheque (new mix)"; "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me"; "Staring At The Sun (new mix)"; "Numb (new mix)"; and "The First Time."

A limited-edition run of U2: The Best Of 1990-2000 will feature a second collection, titled The Best Of The B-Sides, as well as a bonus DVD with exclusive content such as the "History Mix" of U2 in the '90s. Many of the tracks on the B-Sides set are remixes of U2 tracks by renowned DJs and producers such as Paul Oakenfold and Alan Moulder.

The Best Of The B-Sides complete tracklisting includes "Lady With A Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)"; "Dirty Day (Junk Day Mix)"; "Electrical Storm"; "Summer Rain"; "North And South Of The River"; "Your Blue Room"; "Happiness Is A Warm Gun (The Gun Mix)"; "Salome (Zooromancer Mix)"; "Even Better Than The Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)"; "Numb (Give Me Some Dignity Mix)"; "Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Club Mix)"; "If God Will Send His Angels (Big Yam Mix)"; "Lemon (Jeep Mix)"; and "Discotheque (Hexidecimal Mix)".

In addition to the two albums, a U2: Best Of 1990-2000 DVD will be released on December 3. The DVD will feature promo videos of tracks from the album, with commentary from the respective directors. Six bonus cuts are featured on the DVD, including "Please," "If God Will Send His Angels," "Wild Horses," "Lemon," "Last Night On Earth," and "Mofo". The DVD also includes a mini-documentary titled The Road To Sarajevo, which was filmed prior to and during U2's historic 1997 concert performance in the Bosnian capital.

-- Jason Gelman, New York

Back
Top Bottom