(08-12-2002) The Bonos 20th Anniversary - Showbiz Ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.showbizireland.com

12-08-02 news
The Bonos 20th Anniversary...

bono-headline08.jpg

Bono and Ali have a love greater than Bogart and Bacall, Romeo and Juliet, Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara and even Bertie and Celia.

Next week is the 20th wedding anniversary of Ireland's real first couple Bono and Ali Hewson.

Hard to imagine that Bono was only 22 when he married a very young Alison Stewart in Dublin on August 21st 1982.

Showing his naivety, 1982 was also the same year Bono backed the electoral campaign of the then Fianna Gael leader Garrett Fitzgerald!

He won and Bono has been winning ever since.

Last week Bono and Ali were pictured in the tabloids enjoying a romantic holiday in Florence, Italy. Ali and the couples four children have spent the summer in the families summer house in Eze on the French Riviera.

Bono has been up and down throughout the summer but the couple is due back for their anniversary but not solely to celebrate their wedding.

Few know this but the date of the couples wedding anniversary is also the same date that Bono's father Robert Hewson died last year from Cancer.

Bono and his older brother Norman are expected to both be in Dublin for their father's first anniversary.

Robert (Bob) Hewson is buried in Howth.

There has been some celebrating also for the Hewson family this month as the couple's son Elijah Bob, who was partly named after Bono's father celebrated his third birthday.

Oh my...I'd forgotten that Bono's father passed away on Bono and Ali's anniversary. What a bittersweet day that will be for them. :(

HelloAngel said:
http://www.showbizireland.com

12-08-02 news
The Bonos 20th Anniversary...

bono-headline08.jpg

Hard to imagine that Bono was only 22 when he married a very young Alison Stewart in Dublin on August 21st 1982.

Showing his naivety, 1982 was also the same year Bono backed the electoral campaign of the then Fianna Gael leader Garrett Fitzgerald!

And it was also the year of my birth! It was actually two weeks before i was born :D

Gosh, how unfortunate that Bono's dad died on his wedding anniversary! What a damper........oh, well, I'm sure they'll enjoy the heck out of their anniversary, and deservedly so. This is a pretty amazing achievement.

Back
Top Bottom