(08-05-2002) Please Support Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
August 5th, 2002

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ

For almost six fun-filled and exciting years, Interference.com has served as one of the largest online U2-centered communities in the world - offering lyrics, photos, U2 News, and the popular ?U2 Feedback? message board forums.

Recently, bandwidth for Feedback has dramatically increased, raising the cost to the administrators and providers of Interference.com by a substantial amount each month ? this increased traffic is a result from U2?s wide-reaching popularity and the forum?s new features and rapidly growing membership. In brief, the more visitors a web site has, the more ?bandwidth? the web site uses. Bandwidth unfortunately isn?t free.

In truth, the providers/hosts of Interference are young people with full-time jobs, and/or students, and don?t particularly have deep pockets. Throughout the history of Interference, the administrators have provided the unlimited use of Feedback free of charge, while silently paying for escalating bandwidth costs resulting from the aforementioned cause of traffic, new features, site redesigns, picture posting and so on.

The once far off and inevitable bridge has come into our sights, and we now appeal to you in the most earnest way. Without you, there is no Interference, and there will be no Interference at the price of about $5000/year without your sincere help. Individually this number is quite a large sum, but together we can make this happen.

There is no such thing as a free ride, Interference needs your help to continue as we know it, or risk the inevitable shutdown if support for the site/community is not present. We do not want to see this dream end, as so many of us have made lifelong friends here whom we speak to every day (all day every day for some of us!).

Although an awkward request, please consider donating to this community. Any amount is greatly appreciated. If we raise more than enough money, this will spill over to the next year and so on, allowing for increasing traffic as U2 releases their upcoming albums and DVDs, and new tours are underway!

PayPal, for those who are not familiar with the term, is an Internet-based payment system for those who wish to purchase items, or donate, online through places such as EBay, etc. The system and account set-up process is simple. PayPal will deduct any donation from the debit/credit card account you provide, or even checking account, and will only do so at your designation. PayPal is a secure method of payment and takes all major credit cards.

If you?d prefer to make a donation via ?snail? mail, please send an email to donate@interference.com for more details.

To donate via PayPal click the PayPal icon here:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61781
and on the PayPal logo on the top of the Feedback forum.

In The Name of Love,

Joel/Elvis
Creator ? Interference.com

Carrie/HelloAngel
Editor ? Interference.com

Christine/Sicy
Forum Administrator ? Interference.com

I just donated!

:yes: I just donated $20! I had to have the number "2" in there somewhere! Now, let's see who can match it or beat it!:tongue:

:heart: I love Interference.Com! If it wasn't for you guys, I wouldn't be getting the latest and greatest U2 news! You're even faster than U2.com!;)

:dance: :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry: :dance:

Back
Top Bottom