(07-14-2003) Former U2 Stylist Gets Book Published - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
in all honesty..i'll probably do the same...I'll peek through it in a bookstore...curiousity will most likely get the best of me I hate to say..

I will read it. I'm curious about what she has to say. "Kiss and tells" aren't the only books that sell. In fact, i'm sure she'll sell more copies if she says lots of really flattering things about the band. Then, all the hard-core fans, like the people on this forum, would actually buy it. I don't think that just because this lady may say stuff about the band that we don't like is any reason to question her credibility. Sure she wants her book to sell. So does anyone else who writes a book. I'm sure Bill Flanagan wanted his book to sell too. Does this mean he exaggerated some of the good things the band did to make these things sound even better? Does this mean he made up stuff, say, about Bono stealing the boat, to make U2 sound more interesting without making them sound like bad people? Maybe he manipulated the facts so the book would appeal more to U2's fan base, who want to hear things like this.

And, if I remember rightly, this lady didn't sell band stuff without the band's permission, or whatever. She sold something Bono had given to her. Which isn't exactly the nicest thing to do, since Bono signed this thing for her, and meant for her to have it. But it was her right to sell it since it was *hers*. I can't see why this would make her, or her book, untrustworthy.

I'll probably have a look at this book if I see it in a bookstore. You're right, she was really only selling her property. We don't know the motivation behind this book. I'm just so used to people writing things about famous people they have, or had, connections with. These are called "kiss and tells" because they supposedly tell you things abouot these stars that you didn't know before. They did it with Princess Di; they did it big time with Bill Clinton; the gossip columns feed off the latest rumors about Britney and J-Lo. For the record I don't read tabloids or "hot stuff" about Britney or J-Lo or any other star, either. It's mostly trash. Often people will either exaggerate something about the star or maybe even make up stuff about them to have something to write. There's one problem with these "dirty laundry" books: some of the stuff they write in them aren't true. Since the public has no way of knowing whether or not the stories are true, these people have carte blanche to write any damn thing they please about these stars. They're going after peoples' curiosity. Sometimes they might have an agenda to knock the stars off of a pedestal. It's insane to put these people on pedestals but people can get awfully unscrupulous about knocking them off of them as well. Let the chips fall. The book may be harmless or even factual. Considering the fact that she had a dispute with the band..........she may have an axe to grind. I don't know. I just don't like gossip, I don't care who it is.

This woman wants vengeance, so it's bound to be slanted. But I guess this is a price celebreties and top band members have to pay for their fame...somebody wants to make a buck off them...

Smokey said:
This woman wants vengeance, so it's bound to be slanted. But I guess this is a price celebreties and top band members have to pay for their fame...somebody wants to make a buck off them...

Absolutely. I read an article about this thing that said it was going to "trash" the band. I don't read trash about Britney or J-Lo. This sounds like it's going to be low-tabloid-type "journalism". :barf: :barf:

Back
Top Bottom