(06-27-2003) African Well Fund Launches New Feature - AWF *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/cause/awfhomepg.jpg[/SIMG]
Journals of an American in Kenya

The African Well Fund, a web-based charity formed by U2 fans has recently launched a new feature on their official website - a journal written by an American living in Kenya, who is witnessing the AIDS pandemic and need for clean water first hand.

U2News received the following information from Jo of the AWF:
Laura Leumenyete is an American woman who has lived in Kenya Africa for eight years (she is married to a Kenyan), has two children and lives in a village there. The African Well Fund is very pleased to have her daily experiences presented in her own words as an ongoing feature here at Interference and at the site.The African Well Fund is also pleased to announce that the first well we all helped raise money for is near completion in Uganda. We will of course keep you all updated on our
progress we all hope you will enjoy reading Lauras journal

awfhomepg.jpg

To read Laura's journal, visit:
http://www.africanwellfund.org/laura-journal.html
on a regular basis.

Interference, as always, sends our best wishes to the African Well Fund...they are truly angels.

For more information on how to donate or get involved, you can join the African Well Fund yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/u2sangel2001 or visit the African Well Fund website at www.africanwellfund.org.

WOW!!!

I just got this off of my email group "Bono_Lovers@yahoogroups.com":

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ladies!

Hope to find you all well!!??

Sorry for the delay in reporting back - very busy with work!!
Don't know where to start!! U2 (every member was there!) arrived by helicopter - there's a H - pad on top of the hotel. I believe from sources that they were rehersing for the opening ceremony for the special olympics beforehand. The ceremony was the next day. (Hope you all got to see it coz they were brill! They played one and pride.) There was very heavy security - I had my camera taken off me! (Very annoyed and disappointed!) They didn't actually perform they were just there for the meal etc. The Corrs performed but they didn't stay long. Ali was there with Bono. Larry was looking his usual sexy self! Nelson Mandela gave a speech but Bono & Co. didn't make any speeches or perform unfortunatly.
I did get to talk to the band - was talking to Bono and Larry. Karla, I told Bono all about the African Well Fund and he was very impressed and sends his congratulations!!! I also told Larry about our group - he was very "flattered"!!!
That was it - had a great time!

Fiona

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Way to go girl!!!

It's official! Bono knows about the AWF!!!

Back
Top Bottom