(06-25-2002) Exclusive: News on Propaganda - Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
EXCLUSIVE

Sources close to Interference have revealed that the next, and -possibly- final issue, of Propaganda - U2 World Service Magazine will actually be going to print very soon.

As always, stay tuned for all the latest Breaking News on U2 - right here on Interference.com.

I thought I?d share this with you. I asked Cecilia from the Dublin office about the next issue and this is what she had to say. It?s been a little while though since we had this conversation.

Her answers are in red:

Yes, it is being done as we speak.

CC

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 3:25 PM
To: 'cecilia coffey'
Subject: RE: new issue??

So you?re actually about to finish the next issue?

am

Sent: 12. mars 2002 15:17
To: ****
Subject: RE: new issue??

It's been a year. Hopefully any day now.

CC

Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 3:15 PM
To: 'cecilia@u2propaganda.com'
Subject: new issue??

Hello,

I?m just wondering if you could tell me when the new issue will come out. I
mean, it?s been a while since the last one...

kind regards,
am

Last edited:
I've heard a few different RUMORS about what's going on with Prop... but like the info we posted above... I have also heard from a few close sources that as of recently, the fate of Prop, offline or online, was uncertain. There seemed to also be internal conflict/discussion about keeping it 'alive' specifically for the purpose of the ticket offers as well as special promo merchandise as well as free goodies/cds.

I heard it uttered through the "grapevine" that they were moving towards a subscription fan club at u2.com, to replace prop, and that prop would be going away. Just curious Elvis if you've heard the same...

I'm all for a subscription-based fan club, if......

* it gives us access to ticket ordering privileges similar to Propaganda so we don't have to deal with Ticket*******,

* it gives us freebies and promo stuff, and

* Bono promises to give all who want ...10 sec. kisses (j.k. Ali!!).

Could name it "into the heart"!!!

drumkeeran said:

* Bono promises to give all who want ...10 sec. kisses (j.k. Ali!!).

Mwahaha!!! If that were true, I'd gladly pay 10 years, er, a lifetime's worth of membership fees. :D

Elvis said:
There seemed to also be internal conflict/discussion about keeping it 'alive' specifically for the purpose of the ticket offers as well as special promo merchandise as well as free goodies/cds.

yes this is reason enough to get a subscription, the magazine is nice too but nothing beats the ticket offer:up:

Back
Top Bottom