(06-22-2003) Bono Receives Death Threats - Sunday Mirror *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one of my heroes other than bono is robert kennedy (may his soul rest in peace) and i've already had to deal with all the "what ifs" around his death. the man had nine children, and his wife was 8 months pregnant with his last one when he was killed. the last thing the world needs is another great person taken by a bullet.....taken from his family friends and followers

It's really a damn shame. More than likely though it's just a pissed off fan or some shitheel looking for Bono's attention. It does really bug me that people have to report this and put this weirdo in print. Proves how the media is so screwed up, making celebrities out of complete psychos. I hope the police arrests this guy and puts him behind bars...I'll bet this is nothing though. So don't worry fellow U2 fans, the B-Man will continue being our favorite Bono! :)

Like I said in PLEBA this worries me because of Bono being so nice to strangers. He stops to talk to them anywwhere, and even lets them in his car! I'd love to have a ride, but he should stop this at least until this person is caught. I'm a loser nobody but I wouldn't give strangers a ride. You just never know who's weird. Remember the guy who shot John Lennon was just hanging around waiting for an autograph all day and no one thought anything dangerous was going on. People wait for Bono all the time. The guy who shot Lennon had just asked for an autograph when he shot him! I hope Bono's security will consider the possibility that a person out to harm Bono would probably act like a fan to gain Bono's trust to get close to him. That's why this scares me so much:(

:hug: Stay safe Bono :hug:

if i ever ran into those people :rant: :banghead: :censored:

those people are running for other people, when stuff like this happens you'll never be able to just get bonos autograph on the street or ride in is car and stuff ....the basterds!

keep safe bono! :bono:

Last edited:
Oh my god! This is really scary and I'm worried. Really hope nothing happens to Bono. Bono dear, you got my support and I'm sure you got the support of every real fan out there!

big hugg and lots of love.
xxx

You know, it kinda shows what an impact U2 has on its fans. I'm really scared for someone that I really don't know personally (yet someone who seems like an old friend, you know?). I hope they catch this guy. What a sick mind. Bono's only trying to help the less fortunate. What's so bad about that? In the meantime - not to throw Bono's own words back at him, but..."stay safe tonight" and every night until they catch whoever's doing this.

This sort of thing happens to alot of celebrities. Katarina Witt, the figure skater, got stalked and harrassed by some loser. Fortunately they busted the :censored:. Recently Natalie Maines, the Dixie Chicks singer, got death threats over her controversial anti-Bush comment. I'm not trying to minimize the stuff happening with Bono--it's disgusting :censored:--but it is all too common. There are some real sickos out there. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Faith is a personal matter, and I'm not one to share my beliefs in a public forum. But I do want to say that for those of us who believe in the power of prayer, it can only help our B-Man if we pray that the Lord will keep him and his family safe from harm.

I know I've said a little prayer for Bono regarding this article.

:hug: :bono: :hug:

Last edited:
On a more optimistic note, for all we know this could all be just some sick joke and not a serious death threat.

We can hope for scientific evidence, DNA & or fingerprints. If "it" licked the envelope, it's all over for this jerk. This is an act of terrorism, this day and age this ass wipe won't get away. (please excuse my language, just can't find a decent word for "it")

sue4u2 said:
We can hope for scientific evidence, DNA & or fingerprints. If "it" licked the envelope, it's all over for this jerk. This is an act of terrorism, this day and age this ass wipe won't get away. (please excuse my language, just can't find a decent word for "it")

That's right, thank God for DNA tests and stuff. It's a matter of time for this :censored:.

What a jerk.....

I hope that the police have a profile on this nut and a line on their arrest already. I would not take that kind of abuse as an idle threat.

After personally dealing with nuts I could almost imagine what Bono must feel like..... violated.

Ten years ago my Ex kept me imprisoned in my own home with idle threats to myself and my family and friends with a gun and got away with following me around for a year because the courts kept giving him my home address. I didn't see the restraining orders do a darn thing to dissuade him....but distance did.

Just last year had another nut hacking up our vehicle tires costing us thousands of dollars (now classified as federal criminal damages) and endangering our lives by playing some sick childish game. We had to flatbed tow both vehicles out one morning just to get to work because four tires were slashed....$1900.00...... for what???? I was only too happy to involve the police but my faith wanes as there aren't any arrests being made yet...though they do watch our home NOW.

Hopefully they are a bit more efficient overseas.

Just the fact that this nut implied that he was going to do something he/she will be taken seriously and my hopes are that he/she be punished as such....:mad: :mad: :mad:

My prayers of protection are with your family Bono.

Last edited:
if they (GOD FORBID!!!!!!!!!!!!!) kill HIM, they will turn him into a martyr....and this will lead to u2-fans street riots against the alleged murderes...i think that Bono's death will make the ones who love him (including legions of fans)) turn against everything they think is against his crusade...
they( the ones who send the notes) will perish by their own hands...

I'm sure his security staff is in control of this situation. Still, let's not forget the reason he and other celebrities have to have security in the first place. It's part of the "down" side of celebrity status.

Bono recieves death threats

I read through a local radio station website that Bono has been recieving death threat via mail and has stepped up security.Since he's been trying to help poverty stricken Third World countries,the nasty mail full of obsenities and racials slurs have filled his mailbox.Whoever is doing this is crazy.Bono is trying to help poor countries and spread goodwill.What the world coming to.I just hope this psycho is found out and locked up for good.:angry: :no: :yikes:

DROP THE DEBT NOW!!

Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
what a wanker. let's forget that bono's bono for a while, this is a man with a wife and kids.

Exactly, no kidding.

And ditto what you said, too, U2Kitten.

This is really scary. I honestly can't believe someone has the gall to do something like that. :tsk:.

It's people like this...thing...that need to get a :censored: life, and fast.

I'm glad Bono's gonna keep doing stuff with his cause-way to go, Bono. And it's good to hear that security's tighter for him and his family.

As for the idiot sending threats...here's hoping they find them and throw their butt in jail for a very, very long time.

My thoughts are with Bono and his family-may they all remain safe and unharmed.

And therulz, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation! :hug:. How awful.

Angela

I hope they catch this sick mother f@#$%^. We don't need another rock star tragedy. Let's all stay calm and pray for Bono and know that everyhtings going to be alright. In this situation and like many others, they will catch the asshole who's doing this.
-Bonosgirl

Moonlit_Angel said:
::hug::..:hug: Angela

Thank you... life in general is pretty great for me now...it was just a longer trip down a difficult road...but it led me here and now and made me a little stronger than a woman should have to be inside...it was worth the wait.
As for Bono and the celebrity status...not even someone famous should have to be a target of a stalker and he tries to do so much good in the world...not only that but he is still a family man with a wife and kids...this nut belongs in jail where they can't do this stuff to him or anyone else.

My prayers are still there for your safety Bono.:hug:

Last edited:
I really Don't understand Some Humans! SICK!!

This made my heart skip a beat...Hope this weirdos found! Kudos to Bono! :)

therulz said:
Thank you... life in general is pretty great for me now...it was just a longer trip down a difficult road...but it led me here and now and made me a little stronger than a woman should have to be inside...it was worth the wait.

Glad to hear that. :). And you're welcome.

Originally posted by therulz
As for Bono and the celebrity status...not even someone famous should have to be a target of a stalker and he tries to do so much good in the world...not only that but he is still a family man with a wife and kids...this nut belongs in jail where they can't do this stuff to him or anyone else.

My prayers are still there for your safety Bono.:hug:

Ditto.

Angela

Yes I quite agree with the above comments
Bono my prayers are with you and your LOVELY family
HUGS
Heather

Back
Top Bottom