(06-18-2003) Updated (6/24) Solar Poster is False - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Room said:

OK, let me get this straight. You dont care if the poster is real or not, yet are concerned with misinformation people are saying about it?? Interesting. So basically if the poster is a fake (very likely) you are spreading misinformation. But you dont care about that. But if someone is wrong about why they think it is fake, you care???

Is this some type of publicity thing to get more hits here or something? Man, I hope not, because that would be pathetic. I dont really believe that. But it is obviously crossing my mind here.

I meant the misinformation of the music industry/record labels etc. No one KNOWS if the poster if misinformation or not, including myself. See the first post in this thread.

All these photos are are 'proof' to support where the 'rumour' of the title 'SOLAR' came from, along with the dates. The photos came from the same source, but a day later.

follower said:
This is from U2Star message board:

Today Universal France rejected all the rumours circulating on the net about the title of the new u2 album.
Early this week a couple of u2 sites posted rumours about the next album calling it Solar and publishing also a poster.
Universal France said that the release of the first single is expected for december/january and the album during the spring. Universal confirmed that the album will not be released this year!
The title and the layout are really far to be done.

Source: u2achtung.com

Thanks. The only problem I have now is that I feel like a dumbass for believing it.

:|

Ew! no, I think it's pretty ugly. But who cares about a stupid poster? I'm concerned with the album and the tour, March 2004 sounds good to me! Optimism, optimism! :dance:

The reality is that no one knows the truth about this poster, and as I stated in my last posts, we posted as we got the info (just as u2log did), and when we got the pics, we posted them too. People like to form conspiracy theories, jump to conslusions, and think they know what they are talking about - but the truth is, they dont. the label and mgmt will deny anything and everything about the album right up until the time THEY want the information to be public. This happened before, it will happen again. It's standard music industry operating proceedure.

Usually it's fun for everyone to know and discuss the rumours about an album/single/tour, to speculate, hope, and wait. But some people have taken things a tad over the top.

When people start attacking each other, making false accusations, and calling each other names -- is when threads get closed.

This thread is now closed for those reasons.

If anyone wishes to further exmaine the photos in their original size, I would be more than happy to send them via email for awhile to people. If you'd like to see them, please send an email to elvis@interference.com with 'SOLAR PHOTOS' in the subject line.

UPDATED: Just for peoples immediate interest, I will have a crop of one of the pictures, which shows the details of the bottom right of the picture, on the server for a limited time.

http://forum.interference.com/solar03-lrg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom