(06-18-2003) Updated (6/24) Solar Poster is False - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if anything, this is an announcement poster that was NOT supposed to be shipped. Keep in mind, press reps and band associates will deny/not confirm true details until they want to.

HelloAngel said:
I think if anything, this is an announcement poster that was NOT supposed to be shipped. Keep in mind, press reps and band associates will deny/not confirm true details until they want to.

Gee. That seems to be what has happened. Interscope reps are saying it's a fake. Thanks for pointing out how they wouldn't be truthful to all of us...

Ya know what even more exciting than this? U2 log has Steve Averill making the following quote about the tracks he's heard so far

"it sounded more like War but with a harder edge?and with the depth of Achtung Baby.? And he said, very definitely, that this was indeed a guitar-driven album.?

Sweet.

gabrielvox said:

I disagree. I think what's being provided as "photo proof" can be held up against historical and contractual fact and validated to a certain degree.

ATYCLB had 9 working titles that actually saw design print, and Pop had no less than 12. That's not even counting the numerous different photo and graphic styles that these titles were pasted onto.

Also, one needn't be a master at record label politics to know that U2 has ALWAYS insisted on strict control on the packaging and presentation of their material. It's part of their contract, and always has been. Page 18 of "Stealing Hearts At a Travelling Show" illustrates this point and shows what happened in the rare occurence when the label did something without their approval ("Fire" single).

Thus, I think forgoing any personal opinion on the matter (I actually quite like Solar, but not the photo), it can be safely stated that there exists a high probability that this 'proof' is either a. a fake or b. an early design idea.

Now, to hold either of those possibilities against logic:

The fact that it has writing on it stating that it's coming from Interscope/Universal (ie, alleging that this promo is already decided upon by U2/Four5One) coupled with the fact that U2's designers publicly stated 4 days ago that they were heading back to begin working on the design, would seem to point to possibility a., that is, a fake.

Both Steve and Shaughn said over the weekend that they weren't contacted about doing any sleeve designs yet. They also said, the band have used other designers in the past. Who's to say they didn't go with a different company this time?

I don't buy it. it seems unlikely to me that they would set a release date that's 9 months away.

mmmBono said:
AWESOME!!
I so can't wait for this!!!
:hyper:

me either!!

This sooo freaking cool bc by the time they tour for this album, I live be living in San Fran and I will be able to go to more concerts this tour then I did the last tour :dance: and I might even get to meet some interlanders ie Sicy, Daafishy, Char, Icelle and many more *crosses fingers gah I hope this is true*

Who cares what the cover looks like, if that is the cover too? *So excited* March 9th is sooo far...

From a comment on U2log....
Hey guys,
Do you remember the "expect nothing" promocards that were released months before Pop was released? It turned out that "expect nothing" was just a working title. Therefore, the title "Solar" should be regarded as nothing more than that.

----

like ive said... that wasnt the only thing, there was also the U2 EPK video, posters, cds, etc that came out over a year prior to the album. The first audio leaks were more than 6 months before the album. they were raw, unfinished, but real.

it is unlikely that this was design by Four5One, but instead the label.

I love how people assume so much, yet understand so little about what goes on behind the scenes.

Joel

Real or false, I love the idea of Solar- don't we all live in the same star's light? My husband keeps very close watch on solar activity, that's a real photo taken on a fairly active day.

Elvis speaks... and all shall listen.

This obviously has some sort of truth behind it. We all know that interference has gotten legit scoops before, and shall again. I would seriously doubt that they'd post anything in the U2 news section, rumor or not, that didn't at the very least come from a credible source.

take it for what it is... universal/interscope/island are obviously expecting a new album from their biggest client soon, and they're greasing the promotional wheels for the big u2 bus that's expected to be unleashed on the world within the next few months.

on that note, i think the new album should be called bus... because i said so, foo

I agree, Elvis has experience in these matters. I think that there is truth in what we see, but alterations are inevitable. Whether the alterations be in name, date, photo, design, etc... we will find out.

I like the title - who knows, it may just be the working title of a song right now too.

I'm excited for any new stuff, and a War "with a harder edge, with the depth of Achtung" would be great.

I'm bending over, waiting for my ass to be kicked. Don't dissapoint me boys!

well just in case it doesn't....
**cass gives the red ship a good kick in the ......**
I just can't be cruel to animals, nice ass.

'tis exciting:hyper: if they call it "Solar" well I'll, I'll.....I'll think of something before then. It will make me very happy...indeed.
I hope they are enjoying making this album, the music is flowing freely...and I hope they bring the tour to Australia:hyper:

Thanks U2

:hmm: You know, all this buzz about "Solar" could be good for U2/Interscope/&al. as an informal global focus group study for pre-marketing strategies...

In any case, I'm a :hyper: fan as any.

the only thing that I find VERY strange about this whole thing is that there is an exact release date for the album but not the first single.

something isn't quite right.

I'm just glad we all have something to argue about for the next little while. :sexywink:

Honestly,This cover is not U2style.

Always like this?I mean,Is real U2album cover quite different from what promotion cover?
Or surprise for us?:eyebrow:

However, I can't wait new song!!:sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom