(06-16-2003) RUMOR: New U2 Album Title "SOLAR"? - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.interference.com/

New U2 Album Title is "SOLAR" - according to Universal.

Interference received today information about the new U2 album from Universal in South America. The information we have been given is below, please treat it as rumor for the time being:

New U2 Album/Single Title: SOLAR

Release Date: March 08, 2004 (March 9th for USA) with a limited CD Rest of 80-00 as well

Promotional Artwork (presumably from Four5One): Image of the sun with red sun rays. Which could look akin to images in the "Staring at the Sun" video.

Last edited:
hmmm... I'm quite skeptical. Why does this strange breaking news keep coming from Universal South America?

I know that Universal owns Interscope, but I would think that Interscope would be the first to know about titles, dates, and cover art.

I don't know. wait and see, wait and see.

Still don't think that tracklisting for the "Rest of" is very believable.

If the March 9 release date is true, they might not tour in May. Leaving only 2 months between album and tour is short, especially when you consider the tix would go on sale at least 1 month before the shows. They may be fucking themselves again, like Pop, when the tour went on sale before the album came out.

If an album IS slated for March, and a tour may start late may/early june.. i dont think its too much of a rush. If this is true, we'll have singles in late Jan/early Feb.

march 9th is a tuesday... and tuesday is the date that new albums are released in the states... and universal south america would be in charge or releasing any new u2 albums in south america, interscope in the states, and i believe island still has the rights in europe (correct me if i'm wrong here)

ahhh but if only the rumored dates were july 8th and 9th... sigh

:hmm:
cool news... but it seems strange that Universal South America would have more info on the album than Paul McGuinness... didn't he say that it was too early to tell when it will be released?

Dorian Gray said:
:hmm:
cool news... but it seems strange that Universal South America would have more info on the album than Paul McGuinness... didn't he say that it was too early to tell when it will be released?

I think McGuinness said that as part of music politics.. managers are always ambiguous..

Universal's data, though just rumor, is more "leak" rather than politics.

horse$hit, just like all the other info coming from this supposed "Universal South America."

it is a rumor... but as i know very well from past experience, it is often these rumors that turn into reality. We'll just have to wait and see...

Yeah, alot of rumors actually have at least a grain of truth to them. We're getting another U2 album. That's the important thing. I don't give a damn about the exact date. We're getting another tour. That matters.
Let the madness start!!! I'm pumped up from Cleveland II.

fuck what comes first the album or the tour were getting NEW U2
YEAAAAAAAAAAH ROCK AND ROLL!

:hyper: I like the sound of it too follower! And I agree with many of the comments here even if it is just a rumor, either way its just getting very exciting to me that we are getting new U2 music soon!:hyper:

I still would prefer the title to be Hanover Quay....but who am i to complain, as long as their's new U2 im happy

"Solar" - what a great album title. a lot better than the much-too-long-and-awkward "All That You Can't Leave Behind". i hope this rumour is true

"The Formula" demands a one-word title next :sexywink:

It would be a departure for them to do an album with environmental concerns as an overtone.

I can just see it now... the Tour. Solar Energy, featuring electric hybrid cars suspended from the stage. And a jungle theme? Maybe some PLEBA girls dreams could come true when the boys dawn loin cloths and swing onto the stage. "Give it up for Mother F@ckin Nature"...

:sexywink:

I like the ?title? Solar = heat / brightness and continuing theme of Beautiful Day and joy. At the other end, a dark, rocking, Exit-like track called ?Eclipse.?

we now have people predicting the title and makeup of songs on the album :scratch:

so will the stage be a big solar pannel, all the shows durring the daytime, and the stage it's self will run all the lights and instruments? wooo...

or maybe a big sun shaped stage with rays jutting out into the crowd? wooo...

or maybe it won't be named solar at all and we're all just going nuts over jack shit? wooo...

I think one of the leftover ATYCLB tracks was titled as ?The Sun, The Moon, And The Stars.? I?d like to see it as AB (including The Edge?s guitar solos from the ZOOTV Tour ? Mysterious Ways, Bullet, Love Is Blindness, etc.) meets Boy (Out Of Control, Tick Tock, Electric Co., etc.). ?If? ATYCLB was ?damage control? and bringing back the ?older 80s fans? then let Solar be a full throttle assault on the ?youngsters? (and everyone else too!) ATYCLB had 3 rockers (BD, Elevation, and New York) then let Solar have at least 6 rockers! Let Solar be firing on all cylinders and with guns blazing! To be on top of the world; to kick down the doors as they are inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame!

cujo said:
"The Formula" demands a one-word title next :sexywink:

It would be a departure for them to do an album with environmental concerns as an overtone.

I can just see it now... the Tour. Solar Energy, featuring electric hybrid cars suspended from the stage. And a jungle theme? Maybe some PLEBA girls dreams could come true when the boys dawn loin cloths and swing onto the stage. "Give it up for Mother F@ckin Nature"...

:sexywink:

:eeklaugh: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously Solar Energy sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom