(06-14-2004) Chili Peppers Tour Kicks Off -- BBC Radio 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Chili Peppers Tour Kicks Off

The Red Hot Chili Peppers kicked off the first night of their UK tour last night (Sunday).

They took to the stage at the Murrayfield stadium in Edinburgh and were supported by Ash and N*E*R*D*.

They're heading to Manchester before playing two shows at Hyde Park in London. You can hear Sunday night's gig live with Zane Lowe at 7pm.

Radio 1 spoke to Tim from Ash before he went on stage yesterday. They're more used to headlining their own gigs but Tim reckons when a band like the Chilis ask you to support them it's something you've got to do:

"I think they're a fantastic group, they've got great songs as well as being fantastic musicians. They also have a good sense of humour. I like they way they're crazy surfer guys from LA, you know."

The Chilis played at Phoenix Park in Dublin on Saturday night and Radio 1 managed to get a quick review from one of the crowd, who also just happened to be The Edge from U2.

"Tonight they were just amazing. The songs are getting better, they're getting better and they're sort of defying gravity and everything else so it's great to see. Just blew me away, really, really, good."

-- BBC Radio 1

great group, one of my favorites. have all their albums since blood sugar sex magik. John F. is one of the best guitarists out there, and flea is an amazing bassist. I have always wanted to catch them live but never got around to it. I guess Ill save my money for the next u2 tour, cause I'm def. going to at least 3 shows then.

Back
Top Bottom