(06-14-2004) Ahern Backs AIDS Awareness Video -- Ireland On-Line*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://newsfeed.tcm.ie/images/people/bono.JPG[/SIMG]
Ahern Backs AIDS Awareness Video

An HIV/Aids awareness video featuring U2 singer Bono to educate teenagers on the global pandemic was launched today in Dublin.

The film, Positive Youth, hopes to teach young people to take responsibility for their personal choices and create awareness about the situation around the world.

Teenagers from Ireland and Zambia debate and discuss the worldwide HIV/Aids pandemic in the video which is due to be premiered in the capital tomorrow.

At a presentation at Government buildings Taoiseach Bertie Ahern gave his stamp of approval to the first copy of the film, which it is hoped will be shown in schools and youth groups around the country.

Running alongside workshops a spokeswoman said the video would change misconceptions and examine the injustice that surrounds HIV/Aids.

She added: ?I think one of the things that I hope will add to its success is the fact that it is youth lead. It is youth driven and it?s in their own language, it?s in their vernacular, and that will appeal to young people.?

?It grabs something and it captures something because young people are taking part.?

The film developed by Concern and Dublin Aids Alliance is part of an ongoing campaign to educate 15-19 year-olds on sexual health.

--Ireland On-Line

Back
Top Bottom