(06-09-2004) U2 Featured in Latest Rolling Stone - Rolling Stone*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Featured in Latest Rolling Stone

U2's "Gamble at Red Rocks" has been named one of the "50 Moments that Changed the History of Rock & Roll" according to the latest issue of Rolling Stone, issue dated June 24th, 2004.

Within the story on page 146, the historic U2 concert on June 5th 1983 was more frantic than it appeared on camera - U2 had apparently chipped in $25,000 of their own monies to finance the rain-soaked show. "Everything we had as disposable income was riding on the show," Edge says. "If we didn't play, we were throwing away money we couldn't afford."

Also featured in the issue is a reprint of the October 1st, 1992 cover of the magazine sporting Bono as the Mirrorball Man and the David Fricke cover story entitled "U2: Serious Fun."

I haven't read RS in a long time, Might pic up an issue or read it at the library just 'cause there is something U2 related. Thanks for the heads up hello kitty.

Will DEFINITELY pick this issue up!

Thanks for the info!:wink:

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY! DON'T LET IT GET AWAY!:applaud:

:yes: :sexywink: Oh yeah! got to get this issue!! Memories!!!:wink: What an awesome U2 moment it turned out to be, too! It will always be one of my biggest regrets..that I never made it to this show! :( Oh well-will always have it on tape..!:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom