(06-09-2004) Britney Snubs Bono's Kids - imdb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
(06-09-2004) Britney Snubs Bono's Kids - imdb*

Britney Snubs Bono's Kids

Pop princess Britney Spears snubbed rock legend Bono after a gig in Ireland last week, by refusing to meet his kids. The U2 frontman took his four children to Britney's sell-out concert in Dublin and they were desperate to meet the star backstage. But an insider tells British newspaper the Daily Mirror, "Britney was having none of it. She just point-blank refused to meet them and they were very disappointed. She made some excuse about being too tired. It's ridiculous if she thinks she's too important to meet the offspring of a legend like Bono." However the singer was less evasive to some special guests - according to sources she welcomed former lover Colin Farrell and his pals backstage with open arms. The insider adds, "Some of Farrell's neighbors were there with their children and Britney had them ushered straight inside."

http://imdb.com/news/wenn/#1

It's official: I don't like Britney!

Seriously, this girl needs a lot of help. Whoever is advising her is doing a terrible job. It's not just snubbing Bono's kids that's wrong?it's the way she carries herself and goes about her life in general.

I just read this on the imdb.com site. What a bitch. I hope Bono never get in contact with her again and that his kids stop listening to her music. The woman obviously has no respect for the B man and his kids so screw her.

What a loser she is. :madspit: :rant: Stupid shit, she doesn't deserve what she's got.
The fact that she denied some fans makes me angry! Bono would never do that to us :mad:

Originally posted by Mr. Brau1
WTF? Bono's kids wanna meet a piece o shite like Britney?

Really. Maybe better quality music stars would have better quality manners. :tsk:

I was thinking, she does know Bono, has met him. They did "What's goin' on" together and they were sitting next to each other smiling and laughing in the promo pics. At the 2002 Grammys, he kissed her hand and she smiled. WTF? :confused:

Last edited:
The "Lips sync girl" has no manners.

But the real question is How in the world that Jordan,at her age ,is still attract to "Bubble gum Britney's" music???

Daddy most not be proud of Jordan or Eve's musical taste:wink:

*snif, snif* What's that smell?! Shitney Spears strikes again!

You know if Bono would stop and read our message boards about our disgust and hate for this woman, he would get a reality check. I feel sorry that this had to happen to Bono and his kids, but this is perfect! She will now crash and burn for sure! It could not have happened to a better celebrity family. Finally proof that she is a HO!!! If she is dumb enough not to remember the respect that Bono gave her at the Grammys a couple of years ago (it makes me want to puke just thinking about it) when he kissed her hand (but found out later he was drunk), then she deserves this punishment! I just hope that Bono doesn't blow this off being the nice guy that he is. And he might. But I'm sure he is smart enough to store that in his head and at the same time still treat her as a human being if he met her on the street. That's what Bono is and that's what Bono does, but he might not take his kids back to her show ever again. Let's hope! *crosses fingers*

Does anybody have a room deodorizer in here. This place stinks!!!

Considering that one of the main sources is the Daily Mirror which has the reputation for being a tabloid, it is kinda hard to believe the full story. On the other hand, if it were tabloid, than it would just be ignored and it wouldn't be a news worthy entry here or in our e-mail in boxes. Artists have bad days, it is normal but to snub Bono's kids is wrong in more ways than one. 1. These kids look up to Britney. 2. They're Bono's kids and it was a chance for Britney to meet a rock legend (if she hasn't already). However on the other side, whether you're Bono's kids or some average kid, she probably treated them like she would any other kid that wanted to meet her that night and really didn't want to meet anyone. Maybe she was tired, who knows but we wont know 'cause we haven't heard her side of the story. Artists have the right for downtime. I am sure Bono and the kids are not that upset, there are other opportunities.

Allegra,
I am sure Bono and the band read the board and I am sure they understand our hate for the women but these are Bono's KIDS and they have the right to listen to whatever they want to. I am not here to defend Britney on a U2 message board but I am here to give in my two cents. I agree with you that she will crash and burn and that she shouldn't bite the hand that feeds her but I am still sticking to my point that maybe it was just a bad day for her.

isabelle_guns said:
Allegra,
I am sure Bono and the band read the board and I am sure they understand our hate for the women but these are Bono's KIDS and they have the right to listen to whatever they want to. I am not here to defend Britney on a U2 message board but I am here to give in my two cents. I agree with you that she will crash and burn and that she shouldn't bite the hand that feeds her but I am still sticking to my point that maybe it was just a bad day for her.

I agree with both sides, and I understand where you are coming from too. But there is no excuse for her actions in the way that she handled it. She should do what Bono does when he is not in the mood or have the time for fans, and that is get wisked away in a limo and avoid the whole mess. She could have gone to Collin's house or a hotel, and met him and his freinds there. The whole thing was just tactless on her part.

Even if this is fake and even if his kids don't really like Britney, they have been seen with the likes of JaRule, Beyonce, and Justin so they still like that garbage. I'm ashamed of Bono for allowing that to happen! :rant: :down:

uh, who are they supposed to like? theyre fiftfuckinteen and 12. would they look right listening to pink floyd? the doors? jazz? u2? etc... no, they listen to pop music because thats what teenage girls that arent goth listen to.

to the chick that is making light of what britney did:

britney is an out-of-control whore! the facts are in that article, ill list them below

1. she refused bonos kids at the door

2. she took colin farrels funky ass with open arms

3. she probably had nasty ass whore-sex with him

4. colins neighbors were let in with kids no problem

so where does the bad day excuse come in?????
it wasnt a bad enough day to refuse colin farrels neighbors kids, so i see there should be no problem to see bonos.

my conclusion:

shes a fat ugly bitch that gets glorified with professional make up that sings like a bulldog about completely distasteful and irrelevant shit.

if this story is true, its purely disgusting and theres is no excuse for it. someone like her isnt allowed to have bad days, especially just after barking and howling at 20,000 fans at a concert for 2 hours. i dont know about you but if i had so many fans groveling at my feet for the utter shit music i put out and just made close to a million in one day of work, id want to be shot if i said i was having a bad day. please, shes a skank.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i don't believe this story at all... aren't two of his kids not even 10 years old yet? if it were just the girls maybe i'd kinda buy it, but not all 4 of 'em. bogus tabloid BS if ya ask me.

To get this back on a less profane tack, I agree with you Headache, there is very little in this story that is believable. I am not a fan of Britney in any way, but I can't believe that she is so dumb that she would risk alienating one of the most powerful men in the music business. Most especially, though, it is completely beyond belief that Bono would bring his 4 children to this show. There is no way anyone would take a 3 year old and a 4 1/2 year old to such an event. This is tabloid hoohaw. Flying hat, anyone?

I am 13 and I love U2!! But I believe Bono dislikes Britney and where she is heading {and me too} but he will let his kids go to a stupid concert like that. And you don't know, I believe maybe Jordan and Eve just went to go or for the younger kids. But yeah, I am a little shocked that the kids would listen to that. And Briteney has things she needs to work out and definitely could of at least said hi to Bono's kids!

t8thgr8 said:
uh, who are they supposed to like? theyre fiftfuckinteen and 12. would they look right listening to pink floyd? the doors? jazz? u2? etc... no, they listen to pop music because thats what teenage girls that arent goth listen to.

Uhhh, the 15 year old girls I know all outgrew Britney before they were in middle school. Britney is for elementary kids, not teenagers. (I have a neice 15 and one 16) The 16 year old, my nephew and other teenage boys I know were always more into Beatles, Who and Doors than teen pop. Oh, and Pink Floyd too. Speaking of Pink Floyd, our very own Pink Floyd guru here, DaveC, is just 18 and has been a fan for years! Look at Cute Irish Bono, she's 13 and loves U2!! What about Who4life, she's 15 and loves U2 and The Who! We have a lot of U2 fans here 15 or less who hate teen pop and always have. You underestimate and stereotype. Shame on ya! :shame: What some of us are trying to say is, Bono is a quality musician and he could take the opportunity to expose them to better music and musicians instead of coddling their crap taste. I have kids younger than his girls, and that's what I do. Don't let them fall for every stupid fad that comes along. You can be an influence too.

Last edited:
t8thgr8 said:
no, they listen to pop music because thats what teenage girls that arent goth listen to.

Hey! I didn't become goth until I was 18! ;) (And haven't grown out of that yet!)

When I was a teenager, I listened to Tori Amos, RHCP, NIN, Public Enemy, The Doors, Leonard Cohen and any other rock thing that was on the radio.

apparently bono's all-purpose backstage pass garners entrance into the oval office, 10 downing street and, yes, the vatican.
but he never checked to see if it guaranteed entrance into britney's dressing room.
i'm not sure if i believe this britney snubs bono story is totally accurate, but i personally find it pretty amusing......and ironic.
news alert: someone says no to bono!
at least we won't be seeing another picture of him with her if that's any consolation.

Pop stars are Pop stars no matter what they look like....they are about themselves because they surround themselves with people that say "yes" to them every second of the day. Spears will just be remembered for her body while our boys will be remembered for songs and soul.

Back
Top Bottom