(06-08-2004) More Album Info Straight Outta Dublin - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
More Album Info Straight Outta Dublin

An Interference reader was lucky enough to meet Bono and Edge at the U2 studio in Dublin yesterday and got a taste of the upcoming U2 album, tentatively due in October/November 2004. The fan was "very excited" by what he heard. Below is some more tasty information to whet your appetites.

Of the new album, Bono stated, "I still don't know if it's a boy or a girl or an elephant which is always a difficult birth!" as [it] only becomes clear what the record is about in the last few weeks. The singer also said regarding touring "thinking alot about taking these songs on the road," which is where they "really find out what the tunes are about."

Edge stated that only a couple of ballads on the record.

Regarding actual song titles on the album, previously mentioned 'Love and Peace or Else' and 'All Because Of You' are reportedly on the album, and "Full Metal Jacket" and the rumored song from the Jude Law film "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" are [reportedly] not. 'American Prayer' will also not appear on the album. Please keep in mind that song titles do change in the recording process. The song previously referred to as "Full Metal Jacket" could very well be called something else at present.

Stay tuned to Interference.com for all the latest in U2 news!

Last edited:
I don't think they'd ever really give away any real info ahead of time, they like surprising us too much. Neat how Bono skirted most of the questions :lol: But new album, hey :happy:

Is this person going to be posting on band meetings and sightings?

OK. So there's what...3 months till the first single? Shouldn't there be some leakage in the next month or so? Electrical Storm leaked in August with an October release...

damn this is really great...it sounds pretty legit too because that quote sounds like something Bono might say. Whats better is the information, sounds like that "hard-edge" album might be a reality with only a couple ballads, and what's better "American Prayer" isnt on the album. Thank God!! I never liked it, it was OK when they performed it at the African concert but not on the album.

"Full Metal Jacket" became "Native Son", didn't it? I remember Bono talking about it, saying he wanted to make it a "scorching" hit or something.

woops

in summary....I'm well pleased
:heart: weekends, Dublin, U2, new songs, the studio, happy lads :up: thanks Jim

Last edited:
Read this part again and again:

Bono stated, "I still don't know if it's a boy or a girl or an elephant which is always a difficult birth!" as [it] only becomes clear what the record is about in the last few weeks"

:laugh: :lmao:

Bono, It's been like light years(distance, not time) since a new song has come out, can't you just release ONE-not that ONE; a new one...please:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom