(06-03-2004) Bono Takes the EU for Lunch - Showbiz Ireland*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.showbizireland.com/images/stars/bono-eu-1.jpg[/SIMG]
Bono Takes the EU for Lunch at Dublin Castle (with Photos)...

U2 frontman and globally renowned statesman Bono brought 25 EU ministers out for a bite of lunch at Dublin Castle during the week to make them come good on their promise to Africa... Bono and Minister of State for Development Cooperation and Human Rights, Tom Kitt T.D, met at Dublin Castle this week for the "EU Development Ministers Meeting".

At the meeting Bono wanted to centre the discussion on African development issues including debt, trade and Aids. His mission is to get EU countries to agree to a .7% of national growth aid going to the continent of Africa which is currently in crisis. The singer also met with the world's press who were determined to get Bono to comment on whether a Live Aid 2 concert would take place.

bono-eu-1.jpg

Bono at the EU Meeting

bono-eu-3.jpg

Bono & Tom Kitt at the EU Meeting

bono-eu-2.jpg

Bono at the EU Meeting

Bono explained in his usual charming and charismatic way that himself and Bob Geldof wanted to raise "billions not millions" and therefore a concert would not be feasible.

Go Bono!

http://www.showbizireland.com/news/june04/03-u2165.shtml

Thanks to Regina O'Numb!

Last edited:
Thanks, Regina, for posting thisreport at Interference and for the EXCELLENT Bono pics(which we ALL appreciate)!:yes:

Bono had a "bit of a row" with the EU ministers present the other day at Dublin Castle. GOOD FOR BONO - if these politicians want his "sparkle and glitz" then they can also have his RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION with them also!:up: :angel: :hug:

JUST NEVER FORGET, BONO - there are millions of us out here to support you and to lift you up when your wings get weary! :bono: :heart: :heart: :wave:

Well spoken...
Maybe its' not a bad idea to start an account where you can send some money to (kinda like u2 fund)
Would be nice to hear something like:
"The U2-fund provided ...with waterwells."
(even if it's 1?/1$ a person, all small bits will help eventually)
And not only through the internet 'cause I don't like to give my creditcardNR. but via an accountNR)
If every fan donates a Euro/dollar = lot of money.
Just a thought

P.S.: I know "we need billions not millions"...so what am I saying wright
:eyebrow:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom