(05-31-2003) Bono's Day At The Races - Yahoo *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030531/capt.1054398241.monaco_fi_gp_bono_lmn125.jpg[/SIMG]
Bono Heads To Monaco

Get your engines started, Bono watchers! Bono made an appearance in Monte Carlo to check up on Jordan Ford's Formula 1 raceteam headed up by Eddie Jordan. The Ford team will have two participating cards in the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday.

capt.1054398241.monaco_fi_gp_bono_lmn125.jpg

(AP Photo/Christian Lutz)

More (bigger) pictures here:
http://uk.search.news.yahoo.com/search/photos_ukie?p={Bono}&nice=Bono&z=date&h=s

Last edited:
I'm curious...

Is that the same cap from Steinburg's version of the Staring at the Sun video??

I don't know but I like the cap!

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
however, bono babe, will you please get a new cap? :reject: lol

But Iris, you have to remember that is the hat that made the ?1,000 trip. It is a precious commodity. :der: :wave:

bono hat is cool i got one myself hey he s wearing the fly shades
cool

I must say, that picture is hilarious. Bono just does not mix with machinery, especially race cars or race car mechanics. Look at the way he's touching the car!! lol It's like he's trying to look interested. Now, Larry I could see...but Bono? No...this is surreal.

Last edited:
See, here at least he's doing a much beter job of looking interested. Here, I can almost believe that he is, in fact, interested. But unless Bono's really changed the last few years......I still don't quite buy it. I don't know if the glasses help or hinder his case. Depends which way you look at it, I suppose.

In that last picture, I personally think Bono's simply looking to see if there's enough space to put in a decent stereo system.

*where can I put that damn woofer...ah the tweeters would fit nicely here!*

Michael Griffiths said:
In that last picture, I personally think Bono's simply looking to see if there's enough space to put in a decent stereo system.

*where can I put that damn woofer...ah the tweeters would fit nicely here!*

LOL Michael, funny caption...now you can try with this one ;)

bonoboredmonaco03b.jpg

I've spotted Bono during the qualif round on Saturday, on TV :). Of course he stood out among the yellow men... He seemed less than happy after an unspectacular performance of one of the pilots, Fisichella, I think :).

I switched on my TV on Sunday in the middle of cleaning up my flat to watch the F1 race at Monaco so when pictures started showing the people on the grid, I thought "That would be a bit boring to watch" so carried on clearing my desk but stopped dead when the TV showed the B-man himself being interviewed!

Apparently I missed some of it but he mentioned that he was in Monaco with the kids and that he didnt want to bring the kids out onto the grid as they would be photographed which is pretty sensible. He also said that "his kids are excited (about the race) and NOW Im excited!" It was a short one but hey, it was a nice surprise to see him there!

I very much doubt Bono is a fan of F1 himself but then again, he does live next door to an ex-F1 driver, Eddie Irvine (right?). So maybe, just maybe, through Eddie. he has become a fan! Who knows?

dougal

I found a picture of Bono and Ali with some other people. I tried to post it but it says it's too big. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom