(05-18-2004) Bono in Washington DC -- Reuters *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono in Washington DC

After a busy weekend in Pennsylvania, Bono spent some time today on Capitol Hill to make statements and answer questions during a Senate Appropriations hearing on AIDS programs and research. Reuters, via Yahoo!, has pictures from Bono's testimony and Senate gatherings after.

--Reuters

To view more photos, visit:
http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=bono&ei=UTF-8&=&c=news_photos

To view a video of Bono speaking in Washington DC, visit:
http://home.hamptonroads.com/storie...366274&tid=r700

Thanks to U2Kitten!

Last edited by a moderator:
What a GREAT sight - Bono testifying in Congress!

He has worked miracles before in Congress - let's hope that the B-man can do it again! (I'm sure he will).

Let's hope and pray for him.Bono has done SO MUCH unselfishlessly for others - he DESERVES US to GIVE BACK TO HIM!

BONO - KEEP ON BELIEVING AND MOVING FORWARD IN FAITH! YOU'RE GOING TO GET THERE - and take the rest of us with you!

Once again, it's absolutely fantastic to look at how much energy Bono has! And I'm thrilled at the idea he's spending his time / energy for such an important cause.
I mean, no one asked him to, but he's still on the first line, doing the best he can!

I don't care for who said he's just a spoiled rockstar or a person self-centred or ego-centred! I just would like all the ones who sometimes go against Bono to try and do something, not only criticize. Especially because I guess Bono could have some other little things to do (a new cd, for instance...), but he keeps on caring for world issues & make the situation change!!

AND THAT'S ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THING A PERSON CAN DECIDE TO DO: USE HIS/HER TIME TO CHANGE THE AWFUL STATUS QUO!!

I just couldn't understand this thing -- there are some pics where a boy is showing a banner (Bono is sitting some lines before him).
Is the boy protesting agains what? Against the fact politicians are not doing enough to change the situation?

The President has been blocking the use of generic drugs for sale and or use in Africa. His initiatives mandate brand name drugs only.

His biggest campaign contributor in the 2000 election was the CEO of a pharmacutical comany - so the puppet theme.

Back
Top Bottom