(05-15-2004) U2 Studio Update, Live from Dublin - Interference.com * - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > 'Zine (archived) > U2 News > U2 News Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2004, 04:32 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:47 PM
This says "nothing" about what the album will sound like. Bands jamming usually lead to wanker w/ guitar mode.

Old 05-16-2004, 04:43 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:47 PM
It was very cool that they were jamming for some fans. I hope that all of their hard work pays off.

Old 05-16-2004, 08:23 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
"At one point a song sounded very familiar almost between 'Walk On' and the Cranberries 'Zombie'"

...that's an interesting mix...but I like both those songs, so....

"and the music sounded closer to the AB sessions."

. Ooh.

Yeah. I'm very intrigued now (and also very envious of those fans! Grrr...so lucky!).

Angela
Old 05-16-2004, 11:04 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
Hmm, sounds encouraging but it doesnt sound like they really worked on alot of songs. Sounds like they worked on one or two that had a harder feel to it. I still cant see it being a full rock album, I said before on a similiar thread, maybe 3 to 4 songs max that have that kind of feel. I wouldnt be disappointed if I was wrong and more than half the album was that way. Honestly, I dont really care what the feel is, as long as its good.

What strikes me as odd is that they are doing a jam session? At this stage? Arent they suppose to be mixing the final tracks now?
The mixing of the album takes less than a month. If the first single comes out in September, I don' think the mixing would begin until July or August. I think they still have at least two months of solid recording ahead of them in the studio this summer, with the mixing to follow.

Then again, we may be in for a September surprise just like in 1996 when POP was pushed back to a March 1997 release date.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:58 AM   #25
Acrobat

Great if it sounds like the AB sessions
If you listen to "Where did it all go wrong" and "Salome take 3" and stuff like that...Straight rock
Still my fav. bootleg...!!!

P.S.: They should bring out a live album after every tour...would have equal sellings as their albums
Old 05-17-2004, 08:48 AM   #26
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

LOL, man, what are saying it will be or wont be?? Will be??? 85% LOL?????? Wow, how on earth did you arrive at that? Some type of calculation, is that the "I have no clue theory of BS" I have my personal reasons for arriving at the 3 to 4. Believe what you want. If you are going off what Bono has been saying you are going to be disappointed. He is the King of exagerration. I guess we will have to wait and see, but dont act you know because you dont. I'am not saying I do either, but remember that Bono said about ATYCLB, we are going back to pure rock and roll with guitars and drums. That had everyone fired up and the album sounded nothing like he described. Good Lord, I love it when you state your opinion and then someone who has no clue comes in like they know or have heard the album and says you are wrong!! LOL
You have no fucking clue of what you are talking about. Shut up before you get stepped on
Old 05-17-2004, 08:55 AM   #27
Babyface

Most of the mixing is done at the same time as the recording nowadays, with the use of computer sortware. It's not uncommon for a band to only spend a couple of days to a week for mixing. If U2 are going for a 'rockier' type of sound, it won't need much mixing at all.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:03 AM   #28
The Fly

This is sounding more and more like it'll be a cross between ATYCLB and Achtung BAby, and I couldn't be happier about it.

After having such a prominent role in Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby, Edge's guitar seemed to be less dominant/prominent in the following three albums, so I couldn't be happier that Edge is back up front in the music and apparently playing like a "madman".
Old 05-17-2004, 09:21 AM   #29
Blue Crack Distributor

am i the only one who finds it odd for two different groups with two differing opinions to argue so bitterly over something that neither side really has a clue as to what they're talking about? we don't know how many songs are hard rockers, because we haven't heard the songs yet. can we not flame each other like a bunch of 12 year olds and just wait until we actually hear some of the songs before bashing each other over their sound?
Old 05-17-2004, 10:10 AM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
am i the only one who finds it odd for two different groups with two differing opinions to argue so bitterly over something that neither side really has a clue as to what they're talking about? we don't know how many songs are hard rockers, because we haven't heard the songs yet. can we not flame each other like a bunch of 12 year olds and just wait until we actually hear some of the songs before bashing each other over their sound?
Thank you.

There is absolutely no reason for us to argue over each other's conjectures about the new album. None of us have heard it, and none of us really have no idea what exactly is going on with it. Because of this, the personal attacks that have happened above are tremendously unnecessay. I don't want to have to close this thread, but I certainly will if we can't learn to stop insulting each other for no reason.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:24 AM   #31
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
I thought about this yesterday when it seemed things were starting to go down hill with the thread.

I'm not sure what the problem is, I guess people are just getting a little anxious about the release.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:48 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

If it really sounds like a cross between ATYCLB and Achtung Baby, I'll be so happy that I'll probably cry. And if Larry was smiling, it MUST be a good album!
Old 05-17-2004, 02:56 PM   #33
The Fly

Larry's always smiling isn't he? Ooops, or is that smirking.... ;-)
Old 05-18-2004, 08:33 AM   #34
Babyface

Very cool, I can't wait to hear the new album. I had the chance to meet Dallas on a U2 tour bus in Chicago. Very exciting!!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 08:43 AM   #35
Babyface

Very cool, I can't wait to hear the new album. I had the chance to meet Dallas on a U2 tour bus in Chicago. Very exciting!!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:22 PM   #36
War Child

I'm not too surprised that they're still jamming.

I've got an issue of Rolling Stone with a small article on U2 during the making of ATYCLB, and the reporter was in the studio for one day and explained how one song evolved from a ballad to full on rocker in the course of 20 minutes.

The band is always changing the songs through jamming. Don't forget about how "Beautiful Day" was once "Always", and "Gone" had about 15 different styles.

This is nothing out of the ordinary in my eyes.

But awesome to hear!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:36 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie

they will probably writing and jamming songs after the album has been finished.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:47 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

AWESOME! I hope it is a cross between AB and ALTCLB!